Isn't anyone the least bit worried???

I wasn't starting a fight neither, but if you interpret it that way, go right on ahead.

When I work for or write anything for an automotive magazine, I will let you know.

And for the Honda thing, I could quite easily quote my source as Mazda of North America. Which, it is. Do I need to say exactly who told me this? I guess not if Honda Co. is enough for you on RSX Type R and Civic.

So, how does this reflect that on my credibility?

The Foo portion of the arguement was not to redirect, simply point out another piece of info that I was given, that was true or turned out to be true. If it redirected you, then oh well. I don't see how it could have sent you anywhere else. "Scattered" or not, it is relevant.

I don't claim to have sources, I don't claim to have info, I am just a tad wee bit upset that nothing official has been posted yet, and remember, Mazda did say*Check our website after 07/01/02 for final specs. Well, it is more than long past, and nothing final as of yet, THIS is what I was posting about. Just thoughts, and I felt this board needed a new thread.

And after some more thought I realized why I got so angry in the first place.

Personal life things tipped me into being a little angry from the start. Then I see that you are "upset" about this situation and aren't doing anything to remedy it other than second guess all the info that has been posted.

When I am angry from the get go and I see someone whine (not necessarily you, but anyone) about a situation and do nothing to fix said situation, it pisses me off. I am of the mind set, "Don't b**** if you intend to do nothing to fix the situation. And if you are going to fix the situation, you have nothing to b**** about."

All the energy you put into discounting everything I've said would be much better spent attempting to find the truth out for yourself.

Which redwagon02 just hinted at.

Sorry if the post seemed flamish...

In all seriousness, Mazda completely through out the existing engine for a Matter/Antimatter Reactor Chamber. It looks to make about Warp Five at the wheels and gets about 27 AU to the gallon on unleaded Dilithium Crystals.

Engage!

Ah, but you see, you miss the mandate of a sociologist.

Freely and openly point a finger at anything they feel is wrong in society, but when asked to present a solution, shrug your shoulders and run away. :)

I don't quite think I am whining, just more along the line of bemoaning, I think. Without resorting to dictionary definitions.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I did get that lovely one page useless pamphlet from my dealer the other day, who still knows nothing.

Oh well, looks like it won't be here until October. Anybody ready for driving the 'Great Pumpkin'??

Cheers!

Bryan

<---- Not a sociologist anyway...

I got my first issue of that damned Zoom-Zoom Magazine though, it had a crappy article about the Mazdaspeed Protege in it.

The stereo I think is for sure confirmed...And colors.

I heard orange was very becoming this year anyway.:p

Dealers still don't know anything.

Went up the other day, had the salesperson talking about the MS. He was like, there's not much difference between the mp3 and MS though right....just the turbo that's all

I was like, well, there's abs.......he's like no there's not.....and I said there's also 11" rotors, lsd, bigger tires and brakes, stereo's different, clutch and so on......and he was like....where are you hearing this from?

So I picked up the brouchure not 10 inches off the table he was literally sitting at ( just outside his office ) and pointed it out to him.

He was like...."oh, so it is, looks like your right.

:)

Really nice guy, but come on....read the damn thing at least.

In all honesty, I think this whole lack of knowledge thing from the dealers is really Mazda's fault for not informing them properly, and early enough. You would think it would be in their best interest to have their own sales people ready to brag about the MS and try to get it sold out asap.

Sounds too easy I guess.

Most dealers and salesman are not in any shape or form....car people...most are not even educated about the cars they sell...they could be selling toasters as long as they "move units"...all they know how to do is the "act of selling" something.

Very sad but very true...

this is so true and indeed so discouraging.

whether you go into the subaru dealership and ask about the sti, the mitsu to ask about the evo, the mazda to ask about the ms-p, its all the same. The dealers only know whats online, IF THAT. Its awful. If any dealers, or ideally, mazdausa monitor this board, i would ask that they read these posts and take note. I find it SO discouraging to go into a dealership and find one of a few things.
1) the dealer doesnt know much
2) the dealer only knows whats online like I already do
3) the dealer doesnt know much but pretends he does to try to look smart and sell cars

i HATE going to a dealership and having the dealer try to schmooze me about cars when i KNOW he is lying. I lose all respect for them right there. If my dealer had said to me when i first went in, that he knew the car was not going to have a LSD, would have a turbo and a 6 speed tranny, i wouldnt bother correcting him, i would walk out, and i wouldnt be waiting delivery on my MS-P right now. My dealer instead said he knew nothing, but would keep me posted when he learned more. This is better but still not the best. The best would have been if he said "ah, the MS-P, lemme look here, ok mazda has sent us word that we can expect delivery in the first couple weeks of october, no sooner no later. The car will cost X dollars, and there an Y a Z and an R will be available form MAZDASPEED afterwards for you to add to your car." SOMETHING along those lines. The amount of respect I would give to a car dealer in this day and age that can know more about a car than I could after researching it online for a night, is enormous. I would refer all my friend to him to buy a car. But it just doesnt happen.

END RANT ------ for now....:'(

I have seen the sad lack of knowledge from car sales people too. It makes me wonder if I would do car sales well.

I have often wondered if people would really by cars from someone who knew what they were talking about, or if they would be discouraged. I have often thought about walking into a MAzda dealer and asking flat out if they would hire me for a sales position based on my knowledge of the product, and not so much in the sales portion of it.

Hmmm...Maybe I will anyway.

But then, you have to look at the flip side of that coin. Most people now-a-days look up as much information as they can online and in magazines before they purchase. So, most buyers have a relatively good idea about the cars they want before they show up in a showroom.

So then you have to wonder, has the customer focus of relying on a car sales guys for info switching to self-informing caused the general lack of knowledge among car sales people? Or has the lack of knowledge sent buyers on their own search for the info?

Something to ponder next time you cruise past a dealer.

One thing I would like to say about car salesmen.....I've been one for 2 years....and i agree...most...like 80% don't know diddly bout the cars they sell......I'm 23....and when i first got into it I worked for a dodge dealership....when the Stratus RT's first came out.....and I knew more about the cars before they arrived than our sales managers......same thing when i switched over to a ford dealership this year......The mustang mach 1's.....wont be out til prolly oct or nov.....there is currently no pricing available...and thats somethin that ford is doin.....they will take deposits on the cars....and put it against MSRP....so the dealers wont be allowed to mark them up....they can try...but they'll just lose the sale....they shouldnt sell for more than 30K.....if that.....but I can say that as a salesperson....I am trained on a sales process...and we do things in a certain pattern to obtain info from a potential buyer.....and its not like we arent allowed to ask questions...but we're trained to keep control of the convo at all times...so the fewer questions we have to answer the more control we have....but I don't like to sell like that which gets me into alot of trouble and causes me to lose my job...because all the owners and managers care about is moving cars.....they want u to build repore and establish a relationship with a customer in a matter of minutes....instead of spending time with them and earning real trust....what happens is when a salesman doesnt sell a car exactly the way they were trained.....they get fired....but getting back to the subject......when it comes to limited production vehicles.....the manufacturer doesnt like to give out any information to the dealers until the products are actually completed and ready to be shipped out......so most likely....they are not close to finishing our cars yet....they build a few begginer cars....for magazines and stuff like that so they can test em out....but most of the time....the finished product is a little different....in some way...it will be different....what we really need here is someone working in the factory where they are assembling these things to give us a heads up on how far along they are and as far as official numbers....that wont happen til they get to the dealership....the best thing i can tell you is that if you're interested in one of these cars.....go to a dealership and plop down 500 to 1000 bucks...which is what they are requiring as a deposit in the US....which is also fully refundable...and get them to make the commitment at that time to sell u the car for MSRP.....so when the car comes....they cant surprise u....even at MSRP...the dealer is making bank....don't let anyone tell u different....even at cost...they make money...cuz the manufacturers give the dealers a hold back...which is normally like 1500 for when they sell a car....at least thats how ford and dodge were....and since ford owns mazda ...i would assume its prolly the same.....if any further information is needed or anyone has any questions...i'll be more than happy to answer them...u can send a PM...or email or anything....thanks

sorry...i'll remember that next time. Oh to add something else as well....Anyone wanting to know secrets on buyin cars...lemme know...i'll break down how they sell cars and how to buy em as much as i can to ya....all this for the low low price of.....free

whoa, have we somehow found a cool sales person?...all the ones i've bought cars from sucked.

also, welcome to the site.

keep us "up to date" with sales type stuff, ok?

Welcome and Thank you NC_MSP!

Great info...I have a feeling you will get a lot of questions...;)

Enjoy the site (thumb)

Hey guys...thanks alot....I love to get questions and i love answerin them.....I stayed in sales for a reason....to learn the tricks of the trade.....I wasnt the god of car sales....but I believe that you just cant sell a car by learnin a script....i mean yea..u can add yer own thing...but u still gotta stay in the dealership guidelines....which is u cant tell the truth.....i mean...cmon....how would customers feel knowin that their salesmen are hammered constantly about gettin a customers info....name, number, what they are tradin...how much they wanna put down....and oh...lets not forget the ULTIMATE SIN in car sales......lettin a customer leave without talkin to a manager.....you wouldn't believe the hell u catch for this one.....I mean cmon....are we actually sposed to detain the customer from leavin and drag them in the show room to talk to a manager....no.....if a manager wants to talk to em...they can get their happy asses outside and do some work.

There are alot of things that go on behind the scenes that people don't know about......and I think its high time the public knows about it.....so I will start here......c'mon boys....bring on the questions...I think I will start a new thread just for car sales questions.......look for it in like general talk or somethin...later guys.

Back