Is there room for an EZ Pass transponder on the GT with tech package?

beetizzy

:
2015 CX-5 GT with Tech
Hi all, I'm scheduled to pick up a new GT with tech later this week, but I'm wondering about something.

With that big black plastic-encased tech box on the windshield behind the rear view mirror, it looks to me like there may not be room for my EZ Pass toll transponder. If I put it below the box, it seems like it'll be blocking my view.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and what did you do?

Thanks kindly!

just stick it to the top windshield on the passenger side of the mirror, or just throw it in the glove box and pull it out when needed.

I put mine on the passenger side without blocking their view and I can't even see it, so it doesn't block mine.

I have the new smaller version EZ units.Attached to the top of the windshield at the mirror assembly driver's side.

Thanks, guys; seems like a non-issue. I didn't think of it until after the test drive, and had no way of testing it. I love this forum!
I'll be very excited when I can get a smaller transponder!

GT with tech pack here. New compact ezpass is mounted behind the mirror towards the passenger side. No issues here and I can't see the ezpass unless i stick my head under.

I put mine in the cubby below the ventilation controls and just toss it on the dash when I'm going through a toll booth. I don't like permanently mounting stuff in my car.

You can order a transponder that attaches to your front license plate to avoid the whole window mess issue. That's what I did. Works great (if you have a front plate).

I put mine in the cubby below the ventilation controls and just toss it on the dash when I'm going through a toll booth. I don't like permanently mounting stuff in my car.

Suction cup mount. Event he double stick tape is removable. I don't like mounting things either, but it's a bit of an annoyance when there's a toll charge every 2 miles in (dirty) Jersey.

You can order a transponder that attaches to your front license plate to avoid the whole window mess issue. That's what I did. Works great (if you have a front plate).

This. Depending ont he area, it may not be a good idea. They often get backed into when parked.

I just wiped the back of the tech pack down with alcohol and stuck the EZ-pass on between it and the mirror, out of site and no issues

Back