Is The MX-3 Fanbase.. DEAD?!

I have 3 V6 MX-3s in my driveway.
One is KLZE swapped, w/ an external coil and Fidanza flywheel, as well as a few other basic mods.
The second car is bone stock, although it is coming towards a KLDE/KLG4 swap
My third car is the real project. MegaSquirt, High power KL build(in progress), manual seatbelts, updated interior, many custom and or hard to find parts, 5 lug swap in progress(up in the air, literally waiting on wheels/tires and the rear spindles), MazdaSpeed6 brakes, custom progressive rate coilovers, and a lot more on the way... I have a limited budget, so some of my projects take a while to come to fruition, but I am about as dedicated as they come when it comes to my car.

I am the only Eugene enthusiast that I know of... I found one MX-6 enthusiast locally, and no Probe enthusiasts.

For me, the scene is far from dead. Less popular than it was before, but definitely not dead...

We have 4 running KL swapped MX3's in my town. One being 5 lug swapped on RX8 wheels, with a turbo KLZE and Maf conversion. And there's a little 4 banger MX3 owned by one guy with less then 15k original miles. The scene is alive and well. Its just growing away from the internet. Out of all the locals, The only place u will find them is on FB really. Well, cept scott (pile_of_rd1) hes active on some forums.

Monoxide, this is MrMazda92/Bane92 from MX-3, MX6, and ClubProtege. ;)

We've spoken at length on a few topics, from brakes to Scott's 5lug swap. I am actually using his write-up for my own attempt, but I'll be using FD wheels instead of the RX8s.

Assuming I can find a low miles G4, I will have 3 KL swapped MX-3s in my driveway next month! (dance) The idea is to help get others into the scene locally, since I am without a doubt the only active forum member within 100 miles. :(

Hey baneracing this is kulluminati777 from mx3.com and kulluminati777 from mx6.com and kulluminati777 from clubprotege.com l:D

it's nice to see the mx-3 section of the m247 active again. I wish it was this active when I still had mine. lol.

I know who you are Kulluminati ;) Name kind of gave it away, hahaha.

psyco-joe,
MX-3.com has some fairly active people, but most of the active members bandy information more than they build anymore, sadly. :( Many of them already have their cars "complete" or have sold them and simply post now... It's sad seeing all of the old projects sold or parted out, leaving only a relatively stock shell behind.

I hope that more people will become involved here, and or come out of the woodwork(so to speak)

Im crawlin out from the woodwork haha. I have never owned a car, or even a non 4x4 vehicle. I found this car on kijiji for 350, had it on hoist at local saturn dealer through a buddy, told me to fix my reverse light wire...prolly caught somethin...she juss danglin haha...but was all he needed for me to safety it. I have no idea what the heck im getting into, i know i love driving the car. 35 bucks to fill it, versus 35 in my truck for less than a quarter tank haha. I posted some pics...but like i say...I dunno what im doin hahaha....yet

I know who you are Kulluminati ;) Name kind of gave it away, hahaha.

psyco-joe,
MX-3.com has some fairly active people, but most of the active members bandy information more than they build anymore, sadly. :( Many of them already have their cars "complete" or have sold them and simply post now... It's sad seeing all of the old projects sold or parted out, leaving only a relatively stock shell behind.

I hope that more people will become involved here, and or come out of the woodwork(so to speak)

that's true. When I still had mine i went k. Mx-3.com and that is Basically what I did. I don't really remember ever posting on that site. I kinda wish I still had it to use as my daily and make my miata a track car but what's done is done. . I think the mx3 and the mazdas247 community is what led me to get a miata.. I don't think in would have considered it before then . Many good things have come from owning this little mx3 that at first i didn't even really care for. But that's another story
Welcome to the Mazda community 93mx3

93mx3, welcome to the boards, and to the MX-3 community!!

psyco-joe,
It's never to late to get back into one!! ;) If I ever buy a Miata, it'd be destined for a K swap honestly... Blasphemous as people treat it, I would lean HEAVILY towards a K8 build. Keep the stock displacement(in a tricky way), with a butter smooth torque curve and that sexy K8 sound... It'd be simple enough to hit the 200 HP mark at the crank too.

for real, they can be had real cheap, I might actually consider it if i so happen to find one locally for a good price. My miata is getting more and more serious and I have already talked with my brothers about getting a truck and trailer so we can take the miata to the next level. we all agree that we can do it with funding from the 3 of us.

a k swap will be awesome, that motor can be had really cheaply and is defiantly would be a great motor in a miata.

Last edited:
I'm getting an mx3 this weekend from a friend. It's in good shape, but needs a motor. I've been trying to google it and would a klze be the way to go?

My ChumpCar MX3:

964255_10151609979477346_1956309448_o.jpg

Sister car (left) and mine (right):
464502_453048921453618_334547984_o.jpg

And one more:
472290_380176588740852_1696680969_o.jpg

Last edited:
^Nice yo.

I never got too excited about the mx-3- didn't like the way it looked so much, not that i dislike it. Every now and then a somewhat clean one will show up on craigslist with a K8 in it and i think if their owners didn't want so much for them i wouldn't mind driving one of those around.

nice shot, that car looks like a total blast to drive.

It really is. It's not quick, but we can pull about 135mph around Daytona in a draft.

This little car has seen over 13,000 track miles since I built it on the same 130,000 mile N/A BP. I love driving this thing.

Back