Is The MX-3 Fanbase.. DEAD?!

I dont think its dead, probably bc I have a KLZE swapped 3.

ZEswapandexhaust018.jpg

ZEswapandexhaust043.jpg

I dont think its dead, probably bc I have a KLZE swapped 3.

ZEswapandexhaust018.jpg

ZEswapandexhaust043.jpg

THAT'S PROPER!

Not many people have mx3's man, it scares me a bit lol.

I'm going to PM though man, thanks for the reply! I was ready to call it quits.. again!

If you have any questions just ask I know just about everything about the swap. This car was alos an auto before the swap as well.

add me on Facebook bud, I def need help soon! search up Martin Fernando Santiago and you'll find me!

Here its pretty dead even since I joined the m247 forums. I still haven't modified my mx-3 because now I also have an mx-5 which I am going to build for drifting. The reason I decided not to mod the mx-3 is because aftermarket support for mx-3 is rare and even oem parts are hard to come by. + its an automatic :( Non the less, I still drive it and love it. :D

This is a fairly recent shot of my mx-3 sitting pretty with my mx-5
SANY0048.jpg

SANY0038.jpg

SANY00422.jpg

mx-3mx-5.jpg

As far as the craiglist add I cant give you an opinion because the link is no longer up.

It's not dead yet, I own 2 as well.
My '93 is ZE swapped, and I'm building an unusual KL for my '92.

I'm glad to see new members on this section of the forum, It was pretty boring being one of the few really active members with an mx-3. Which is why this sections doesn't see much activity. Glad to see you are modifying your mx-3's baneracing.

I figured I'd drop in, a friend with an MS Protege suggested it actually. I'm VERY active on MX-3.com, but I try to keep my eyes on all related forums that I can.

I stumbled on the MX-3 a few years ago, and fell in love the moment I drove one. I'm not planning to leave the scene for a very long time either, especially with my current project going strong. :) The hardest part is budgeting everything, but I came to terms with the fact that the project won't be cheap, and decided to take my time on it. I wish I had an MX-5, been considering it someday for a track only car...

I saw mx-3.com a while back when I was searching for forums and although I saw that it was active the website itself just didn't do it for me. It looks like its stuck in the 90's. Just isn't a very good scheme. That is superficial but that can i say...
I understand about the budgeting part.
Do you know that corksport is an official sponsor and they actually have a fair selection of support for the mx-3. I looked at their stuff many times. It should save you some time and possibly money by not having to make one-of custom parts. However I am almost sure you will end up doing a few one-of things that could get expensive. Depending on how far you take the car.

The mx-5 is a lot of fun. I highly recommend one if your budget allows.

The theme is very simple, which is part of what appealed to me.
You honestly will not find a better resource for MX-3 specific builds, anywhere, that I can say with little doubt. You'll also find a great FS/WTB section, which caters primarily to MX-3s :)

I'm very familiar with Corksport, they've used my stock car to test fit parts. They're actually going to be removing most of their MX-3 products this year, it'll be another blow to an already dwindling aftermarket. I do all of my own wrenching, so thankfully my car budget goes towards tools and parts alone; I'm about 9 months into an NA KL build, which is pretty uncommon in the MX-3 community... Since I am building my '92 to last forever, I'm okay with my estimated cost for the project. It's less than any new car I'd be caught dead driving, and I get to build it myself. :)

My budget keeps me tapped out for the next few years, and I have another car in storage that needs some love('72 Ragtop MG Midget), so an MX-5 will probably be a 2015 or 2016 project for me, unless I find a different platform to build from.

I do look at that website still from time to time because you are right about the fs/wtb section and they are one of the few places that has a good amount of info about our cars. That's awesome that they used your car. Shame about them removing the products though. I do know most people like the turbo set up because its fairly cheap and you get more power than an NA set up. However I am with you on the reliability of doing NA. I am actually keeping my mx-5 stock as far as engine work. Going to try to get the most out of my chasis/suspension first.

A lot of these cars disappointing me as well with the exception of the ms3 and NC mx-5. a ton of these companies just care about fuel efficiency and don't care actual driving experience.

that's pretty awesome to have a midget. I have seen a few at a local junkyard and a dads friend owns one that is nicely restored. Good luck with that build also.

True enough, and I was excited when they used it; It's too bad the project they tested didn't pan out, because you get a hell of a discount being a tester!
I can understand why they're removing the line, the cars are aging and the market is dwindling as more cars are junked/scrapped. It doesn't make it any less of a blow though, I recommend you grab a few sets of the bronzoil bushings if you intend to stick with MX-3s for a while.

Honestly, I would never turbo a car that was destined to be driven on the street. I may be nearly alone in that decision, but I am firm in my choice; The benefit just doesn't touch the cost, especially when you can't fully enjoy the benefits without being ticketed constantly...

However, a dedicated track car... I hesitate to think of a better choice than a supercharged FE3 Miata. $7,500 would build a car worth envying from any angle.
I still wouldn't drive it on the street, because temptation would get the better of me quickly.

My biggest regret about newer Mazda models is the 4 door obsession, with exception for the RX8's suicide doors, which almost beat a 2 door in my book...
The styling just isn't there any more, not like it was in the 90's. Short of the MX-5, which has kept itself ahead of the pack.

Yeah, they aren't a particularly fast car, but an uncommon enough sight to be proud of. I'm not building it like my Mazdas however, I'm keeping it original.

I do plan to keep it for a little while longer so I might check out what they have and jump on it. It's not to bad for me since I am not planning on modding it heavily. I wound't say that you can't enjoy the benefits of a turbo'd car on the street. There is still good acceleration even if you are just accelerating from a stop to the speed limit. :D
There is a lot of areas here were the speed limit is 65 and the roads are empty so I do a rolling start then gun it till I get to 60-65 then go back down.

good thing you are keeping it original. It's a classic roadster and should stay looking sharp.

Awesome, I can't see anything wrong with that!

You can enjoy the benefits, but honestly I'd take 250 BHP NA over 300 BHP FI for a street car. I just don't see it as being worth it, with the added maintenance and shortened life span of the drivetrain. It'd be faster, true... It's not just about that though. My 200 BHP MX-3 pulls hard enough for my liking, and my project car will put that to shame.

I honestly couldn't bring myself to go any other route with the MG. They aren't a fast car, so I'm not missing out on anything by keeping it stock, and I have everything to gain by keeping it stock. That car was a gift, and will be put away dry and babied for as long as I have her.

Wow, that is some awesome target numbers, I would agree that 250 hp is good and will not be that much slower than 300hp.

I would love to ride on that mx-3 lol. mine is one of the few with the B6-ME (aka b6-2e ) motor pushing an amazing 88 hp. lol My brother and I had an idea to use use the mx-3 as a track car. Just strip it out put better wheels and tires, some suspension mods then call it a day. At first I didn't wan't to do it because it is my back up car but I don't think it will kill it's ability to do back up duty if we did it. After all, it will still have 1 seat, power steering & the car has some 150k miles only. What do you think, good idea or bad idea? I will want to get a koyo radiator if I did this.

that's a great gift.
Show some pics of that MG on here when you finish that build please. (2thumbs)

I would love to keep the mx-3 legend alive! I need your guys' help! Look at my post and give me your guys' opinions on the mx-3 I found. Really want to get it!

Theres a bunch over on probetalk and mx6.com not many people venture over here lol

Back