Is it spark blowout or fuel cut?

neroxix

:
Mazdaspeed Protege' 2003.5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOXSiqjR3-8
First off this is not my video, but it is a similar issue as to what I am having. At 26 seconds in this is what I am having. Is it fuel cut or spark blowout? I may have been wording all of my issues with my car wrong. I had my plugs gapped to .028 and it was still doing it. Would I need colder plugs to compensate for this issue? Right now I have OEM plugs in (Dealership put them in) -_-
To me it seems like spark blowout (since I've been doing a lot of research on it.) But I am just going by youtube videos so my research may be flawed. Can someone help me out and clarify the difference between the two. Thanks.

Fuel cut feels like a ghost hit the brakes, I can't really tell anything from that video. Spark blowout feels like you are losing power but not like the motor is completely cutting out. Typically after fuel cut the car will skip a beat and it will run normal, in the video it was more of a stumble than fuel cut.

ok so I am probably having the spark cut out then. Ill get hesitation right before the jerk. The engine cuts hard and feels really painful. Ill try messing with my plugs more.

Back