iPod integration

MikeC58

:
2010 Mazda3 5Dr GT Blk
I've been considering adding the newest Mazda iPod integration module to my 2010 Mazda3 GT w/Bose stereo & Sirius, and have a few questions for anyone who may have already installed it regarding the functionality. I spoke to the dealer and their answers (from what I've read) seemed to be based on the older iPod modules.

1. Do you lose the functionality of either the Aux port or Sirius radio if you add this accessory? I know some sort of splitter was required in older models to keep everything working.

2. Is the song title/Artist shown in the Mazda Info Display?

3. Does the BT hands-free system automatically pause the current track for incoming/outgoing calls? I know it does not when playing a CD, and would like to know if this is a limitation with the iPod as well.

Any feedback is appreciated.

1. You lose wither one but not both. I had a 2011 MS3 w/ Sirius. I did the iPod integration myself and had to use the Aux connector for the iPod piece. This is per the included instructions. Otherwise, you could get a splitter from Mazda for a ridiculously expensive price for the Aux functionality.
2. Yes. That's what makes it totally worth it.
3. No it does not pause. It's a pain and I have to remember to pause before picking up a call.

BTW, the installation wasn't hard. The only hard part was knowing where to connect up the power cable as it looks nothing like the instructions. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! Your answer to #3 is making me think twice, since I also use my iPod a lot for podcasts and audiobooks. Do you think it's possible that this function does not work since you used the AUX connector as opposed to the Sirius (the AUX being a line-in only connection)? I only use the Sirius now because it's still within the 6 month trial, but I'm not sure I'll use it enough to justify paying a subscription when the trial period is up. So this may be an option IF it would correct the pause/play limitation.

I had dealer install my ipod intergration cause they warn you if you add any aftermarket parts it will void your warrany. So I had them do it and it sucks. I have to blast my stereo at 62 to have it at a good volume level. The volume is blasted on ipod and I went to them and they said its normal but,if I switch to cd or radio I almost blow the speakers its such a huge audio difference. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it. Thanks

I had dealer install my ipod intergration cause they warn you if you add any aftermarket parts it will void your warrany. So I had them do it and it sucks. I have to blast my stereo at 62 to have it at a good volume level. The volume is blasted on ipod and I went to them and they said its normal but,if I switch to cd or radio I almost blow the speakers its such a huge audio difference. Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it. Thanks

Yea a warranty on your radio maybe. But it's not saying that if you add an ipod int. kit that you will no longer be able to have your car taken care if there is an engine, susp. etc issue. without providing some proof that an ipod cable lead to an engine failure...
Go google Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

Back