Interior Lights

I have a 2020 CX-5 GTR and I'm having a tough time figuring out the interior light timing. I prefer to lock the doors as soon as I get in the car, for safety. I then get my self situated (put my coffee in the cup holder, plug in my phone, set my bag on the floor or next to me) prior to starting the car. Bummer is, as soon as I lock the doors the interior lights go off. I have read the manual and can not figure out a way to have the interior lights on while sitting in the car with the doors closed and locked. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks all!

Does your 2020 have Mazda Connected Services? I see the 2021 manual says that you can change the behavior of the illuminated entry system. Says to check the Settings section of the Mazda Connect Owners Manual.

Mark

Bummer is, as soon as I lock the doors the interior lights go off. I have read the manual and can not figure out a way to have the interior lights on while sitting in the car with the doors closed and locked. Any ideas would be most welcome. Thanks all!
You can have the interior lights on while sitting in the car with the doors closed and locked by manually turn on the interior lights with the light switch on the ceiling. Then you may not want to do it every time you get in the car when it’s dark.

Back