Interior LED Ambiance lighting?

FastOldGuy

:
'14 CX-5 Touring
With all the LED hype here I haven't not found anything on adding a dim blue or red led(s) to the interior of the CX-5.

I've built LED lighting in the past for boats. I normally add a single Red LED to a few overhead lights in the cabin and "head" so that if you are out at night you can See without turning on a Blinding Light and loosing your vision for a while. My past CR-V had a Blue LED in the over-head interior lights. (My C6 does also.) I was kinda surprised the interior of the CX-5 is pretty dark (at night). Has no one added an LED to the overhead lighting or in the foot-wells?

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123830899-How-to-wire-LED-Door-Sills

I installed blue LED lighting in the footwells as well as LED door sills to my CX-5 a month or two ago. The thread I linked above is a good starting guide of how to do it and where to wire into. It's wired so that the LEDs come on whenever you open a door or turn off the engine, and turn off when closing a door or starting the engine. Looks really neat and got a lot of compliments from it.

There are other threads that explain what type of bulbs you need to replace the cabin filament lighting with colored LED lighting if you wish to do so.

Has anyone switched over the interior lighting? I hate the amber lights especially with a nice white gauge cluster.
I'm new to the site and I'm working my way through, but haven't come across anyone who has swapped out the stock lights for others or LEDs.

If I have missed it please excuse me, a link would be appreciated.

Oh and hello to all.

If I recall correctly, someone installed LED's into the over head console. Two relatively dimmed domed diodes and applicable resistors.

If I recall correctly, someone installed LED's into the over head console. Two relatively dimmed domed diodes and applicable resistors.
Somewhat related to that comment, my wife's minivan (2013 T&C) has a sharp angle LED in the front of her overhead console (near the windshield) that points down toward the cup holders. The end result is that the cup holders are dimly lit (just enough to see) and no one gets night blinded by the LED (unless they put their head directly under the LED and look right into it -- which the driver wouldn't be physical able to do.)

I'd love to figure out how to do for the CX-5...

Thanks for the quick reply(ies).
I've been browsing the CX-5 specific sections of the Mazda form for the past few nights, but I haven't stumbled across an console lighting conversion yet. Dome lights and such, but nothing for the rest. Still looking.

My wife's 09' CRV and my ex 08' VW has/had these and they are a cool feature.
I think, that the LEDs were recessed into the console.
It shouldn't be hard, to do this mod.

Back