Intake installation problem

BlueP5iVE

I am installing my intake on my P5. The question is that there are two cables connected to the factory intake. The gray colored cable I know where to connect but the black smaller cable is where I am lost at. The black small cable connector is connected to the stock air filter but that has been taking out. Please help out!! Thanks all !:p

is it the one with the pointing plastic tip ?
if so, there should be a hole on your intake to stick it in. And it should be on the second pipe. BTW, is it a ractive ? if not, my answer might be wrong.

whats ractive?? how can it go back to the stock air sensor box when it has to be removed when installing the new intake?

thanks

Ractive is the brand name of a intake. Coz you have to install that air box back in when connecting the pipe. without that box your car is not gonna start.
well, maybe its gonna start but you are gonna have the engine light on.

does your intake look like this ? you see the box ?

imgp0205.jpg

the little black box thats inbetween the yellow rubber....yeh i know how to connect that but i am referring to the smaller connector closer to the intake

Ractive is a brand of intake. ;)

There's four things(beside the intake itself) that have to be connected when installing your intake. One is a rubber breather hose, usually colored. The second is the MAF or MAS, the Mass Airflow Sensor. It's a black box-like thing that connects the two parts of the intake together(on most intakes). The third is the pointy plastic thing, or IAT sensor, but that's not the problem. The fourth is Purge Polinoid. This looks kinda lika an ant trap(you know the metal kind with the tongue-like thing). Could it be the Purge Solinoid?

On the pic you can see it between the breather hose and the strut tower brace, zip-tied onto the breather hose. :)

ok, the above picture...i can see the two connectors. one inbetween the yellow rubber and the connector on the aluminum. the one on the aluminum is the exact connector that i have on my P5....question is....how did you connect that connector to the alumnum part of the intake???

The IAT sensor, next to the filter? If so, that's the plastic pointy thing.

Here's another view of an intake:
sri5.jpg

The part on the far right is where the IAT sensor goes.

oh ok i see....that picture is the exact intake that i purchased...thanks for all the help !!! sorry but another question. when first intalled it, i didnt connect the pointy thing....the car started fine and saw the check engine light come on....but also saw the battery sign came on the dashboard...do you know why that happened?? if not its ok

No prob. I can't sleep anyway :)

The reason you threw a cel(check engine light) is the MAF thinks there's a problem and the ECU needs to be re-set. No big deal, all you've got to do is (install the pointy thing :)), disconnect the battery, step on the brake for a few seconds, wait fifteen minutes, reconnect the battery, and your good to go! The cel should be off.

Last edited:
Back