Installing cone filter

SeaN69

:
MazdaPro DX 2000
Well for now i just wanna put a cone filter in place of the stock air box. So i bought one from autozone for $25 and just wondering how to do it ?

I know how to take out the stock air box but i was wondering is it possible to install the cone onto the stock rubber intake hose ? if it can what else do i need to make the hose connect to the cone filter. Also what to do with the MAF sensor ?

Sorry im really new to all of this !

unfortunately installing a cone filter on the 1.6 is not as easy as just pulling the stock air box out and putting a cone filter on. On the 1.6 the MAF is screwed to the actual air box. Therefor you will need something like this:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/spe-8705_w.jpg
Note: when buying the maf housing for the 1.6l try and get one that is as close to 2.25" in diameter on the inside so it does not mess with the stock MAF

The 1.8l/2.0l motors have a MAF that is in its own separate housing and therefore a cone filter can just be attached to the end of the maf with ease

unfortunately installing a cone filter on the 1.6 is not as easy as just pulling the stock air box out and putting a cone filter on. On the 1.6 the MAF is screwed to the actual air box. Therefor you will need something like this:
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/spe-8705_w.jpg
Note: when buying the maf housing for the 1.6l try and get one that is as close to 2.25" in diameter on the inside so it does not mess with the stock MAF

The 1.8l/2.0l motors have a MAF that is in its own separate housing and therefore a cone filter can just be attached to the end of the maf with ease

Ohh yah i see what you mean, at autozone they have a MAF adapter but it has a diameter of 3" so you think its gonna throw a code ?

it will run like crap, the biggest u can really get away with is 2.5" and even then its hesitant and bucky, unless you go with a toyota celica GTS maf, which plugs right in but can handle the slightly larger 2.5" diameter

it will run like crap, the biggest u can really get away with is 2.5" and even then its hesitant and bucky, unless you go with a toyota celica GTS maf, which plugs right in but can handle the slightly larger 2.5" diameter

Yah i wouldnt want to take the risk of it running crappy. So what do you think i should do instead of putting a cone filter ? is there any SRI or CAI that are made for the 1.6 ?

sai ......$150
celica maf ....$100

so for around $250 he will gain what? "psss psss" sound and 1 hp increase (lol2)

Latest posts

Back