installing a door handle in a speed 3. please help

duy856

someone ripped off my door handle. i just bought a new one and dont really know how to install it. are there any "how to" threads anywhere? i tried looking but cant find it

not sure if this can help you much but what i did when i was trying to figure out how to take out the front bumper, i went to the dealer and ask for a print of it... it show you all the srews, nuts and everything but not sure if they haveit for doors... hope this help!

Door handles are a pain...you will probably have to remove most of the innards, there will be a plastic cover, a long rod connected to the hand or the lock...it all needs to come off then maybe three bolts....

There should be a phillips screw on the inside edge of the door (above the latch mechanism) that holds the handle in place. If you remove it, the handle should become loose. From there, you'll need to un-hinge the leading edge and pull it outward. This is usually just a sharp tug rearward when the handle is in the 'pulled out' position. Install is just reverse of removal.

I know exactly how to do it!

1. Remove the door panel
- there is 2 screws - one by door handle - the other one by the handle that you pull to close the door.
- then you have to pull the whole panel off, it going to seem like you are going to break something but just firlmy but gently pull it off.

2. Now you are going to see another plastic panel, but since mazda was so smart you dont have to take that one off.
- you have to remove a smaller white/clear plastic. No bolts Just pull ;D

3. Now you are all ready to take the handle off.
- there is 2 nuts you have to remove, you should be able to find em failry easy there located right under that white/clear plastic you removed in step 2.

Back