injector boost leak issue?

:
03.5 YLW MSP
I was doing another boost leak on my protg trying to track down my boost issues and intermittent power issues. This time I found out where my leaks where coming from! However I have one small issue.... all four of my injectors are leaking when I set my regulator at 10psi on my compressor for the test. I also had a coupler with a small hole in it which has been fixed.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Edit: I have removed the fuel rail and cleaned the area's where the injectors set to help with the boost leak issue. However the issue is not solved 100%. They don’t leak like they used to but I still get seepage on all the injectors. The injectors on the protg don't have your typical o-ring like most injectors.

Also how common is this issue in the below thread?
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123759269

Edit #2:

I found the below pictures in one of Rush's thread. The below pic is NOT the stock injector. However my question is... the yellow o-ring is that on the stock injectors? If so what part number is that? NONE of mine have that little o-ring on it. I even went down the to the local mazda dealer and all they said the injector had to make a seal was that black thing right before that yellow o-ring. Is that correct?

inj9.JPG

The pic was found in the below thread.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123707642&highlight=stock+injectors

Last edited:
Buy new injectors. If they have the o-rings on them then you probably need them... If they don't have the o-rings on them then you still have a problem...

The black grommet is the piece that needs to be replaced or temporarily you can grind off some of the shoulder (not much maybe .02") on the fuel rail spacers to help squish them down a bit more. The little grommets are like $9ea. This is a very common leak spot.

I have heard that its normal for the injectors not to have those little o-rings on it and that its factory. So I don't know what to think right now...

Well my stockers had em on there, so... (dunno)

I just put in my 440's again the other day and they also had the o-rings on them.

I have heard that its normal for the injectors not to have those little o-rings on it and that its factory. So I don't know what to think right now...

Are you sure? If the O-rings wasn't there you would see it. My original injectors have O-rings that are black and exactly the same color as the rest of the isolator around the injector, meaning it's hard to spot unless you really look for it (I din't see it until I saw this thread and found my original injectors.) The O-ring is a part of the isolator and not the injector iteslf, getting new isolators would probably get you new O-rings aswell.

I have a set of Subaru Impreza WRX 440's ready to be installed (those are the same kind of injectors that is on the pic) and that I got on this forum without the isolator. I bought isolators from my local Mazda dealer and I got some rubber ones. I don't know if this is a revised part or something special about the european FS-7E/FS-7G engines though.
There are so many numbers on that sticker, but if I read it correctly the part# is 8574-13-257 - but there are some other number on there too, like W 1B-H16-05E

Since the injector in your picture is a Subaru injector you might get the injector isolator with the visible O-ring at your local Subaru dealer.

I purcahsed new injector insulator/o-rings yesterday from the dealer at the tune of 10 bucks a pop. They are slightly different then whats on my car. The biggest difference is the added rubber... no o-ring to say but I plan on install them tomorrow. Hopefully I don't rip the fuel rail o-rings.

Edit: isbre sent me a pic of the ones he picked up fromt he dealer and they are completely different then whats in my car and what I picked up to.

Last edited:
Isbre's stock on the left(looks just like my stocker) and his new revison on the right

DSC00810.jpg

and t hen onto the new revised part that I got from the mazda dealership yesterday. The new part has rubber on it so it should seal nicely once installed.

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1518.jpg

DSCF1519.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00810.JPG
    DSC00810.JPG
    870.2 KB · Views: 1,161
  • DSCF1513.JPG
    DSCF1513.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • DSCF1518.JPG
    DSCF1518.JPG
    229.4 KB · Views: 1,198
  • DSCF1519.JPG
    DSCF1519.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:
Just installed my o-ring things today and well Isbre was right. The stock ones did have o-rings on them but they were dried up to the point of them being so hard I thought they were plastic and apart of the plastic peice.

Wait what?

I was content with my old auto p5, it was peppy and yet some how more fun to drive then the msp. It even felt faster! I know hard to believe but my MSP was road hard and put up wet. So it's been a constant battle to fix this and that. Slowely but surely it will be right.

Back