Infotainment Screen Delamination/Cracking/Spidering

I have seen many issues with the screen delamination with the Mazda Connect infotainment screens. Apparently this issue is very common, but I don't see very many people commenting about the issue in their Mazda 6s. I have a 2016 Mazda 6 with the spidering issue, but I am having trouble having it replaced free of charge and out of warranty the way that Mazda 3s and CX9s can despite it being the same exact issue. I think it is because there is no Technical Service Bulletin for it for my specific model. Does anyone know of a way of getting it replaced, or if not, does anyone know any other fix that won't cost a fortune?

Yes, I believe the only reason the Mazda6 wasn't included on the TSB was just because it wasn't reported much for that model. Maybe because it's not a volume seller like the 3 or the CX-5? But the CX-9 isn't a volume seller either, so I'm not sure. Either way, if you haven't already contacted Mazda Corporate, I'd try that first, citing the TSB and providing pictures of your own display to show the similarities in the defect illustrated in the TSB and your own display. Worst case scenario, if Mazda refuses to assist with the repair/replacement, you can try to source an OEM unit from a junkyard, then either replace it yourself or have a car audio/video shop replace it for you.

Yes, I believe the only reason the Mazda6 wasn't included on the TSB was just because it wasn't reported much for that model. Maybe because it's not a volume seller like the 3 or the CX-5? But the CX-9 isn't a volume seller either, so I'm not sure. Either way, if you haven't already contacted Mazda Corporate, I'd try that first, citing the TSB and providing pictures of your own display to show the similarities in the defect illustrated in the TSB and your own display. Worst case scenario, if Mazda refuses to assist with the repair/replacement, you can try to source an OEM unit from a junkyard, then either replace it yourself or have a car audio/video shop replace it for you.
This is great advice. I haven't had luck with Mazda Corporate but I will try to cite the other TSBs and see if I can prove their similarities. Other than that, do you know where I could look for junkyard units? I did a search online on eBay and other sites but the unit itself is on average $800.

I've never been to any myself, but there are junkyards and "pick n' pull" places where you can go in, find the part you want, pay the owner for it, and then either pay a mechanic to remove the part for you, or you remove it yourself. I would do a Google search to see if there are any local to you. Or if you want to provide your location, maybe someone here lives near you and can assist with a recommendation.

Back