In leui(did I spell that right?) of what some dyno's have shown..

Puccio

that someone posted on the General page, I'd say I've pretty much committed the rest of my paychecks for the rest of the year, any money I get from my birthday and will be asking for car parts money for Christmas, to buy performance stuff. Quite frankly, approx. 110 hp at the wheels isn't too special. Actually, that sucks.. Anyways. I'm just wondering who thinks what of what intakes and about who's doing what turbos ect. Moreso, I just wanna know everyone's opinions on what's the best stuff to buy for this wonderful but lacking in power car we call the MP3.

I'm kinda feeling you about the lack in horsepower, but me being involved in mild tuning and seeing a lot of dyno reults, I wasn't expecting all the much from the MP3. t's just like all the car mag reviews have said, "the MP3 is an awesome car for the twisties, just don't go drag racing anyone" As for performance parts, here my future mod list for the next year:

• MHP Carbon Fiber Intake $349... I think that's what they're asking.
  • APEXi S-AFC (Fuel Computer) $300
  • Try using different Spark Plugs, could cost as much as $45 for Denso Iridiums (overkill though)
  • Jap Spec Intake Cam from Mazda Motorsports, Corksport, or Tri-Point $170
  • Aftermarket ignition system $200-$400
  • Custom 2.5inch Exhaust $200-$450
  • Mazda Motorsports Lightened Flywheel and Clutch package $1250....I think
  • Quaife 1.5 way limited slip $1250+
  • Mazda Motorsport Header & Exhaust $1980......WOW (Need to research noise factor here)

Notice I left suspension and brake parts out. I did that becuase, well for now anyway, I am satisfied with the suspension and braking. Also, I've yet to see an MP3 specific full coil-over setup released. Ground Control does make adjustable coilovers for the MP3 and they also have different spring rates avaiable. I've also been meaning to call Tokico to see if they sell the adjustable "Illumina's" for the MP3. As far as upgraded brakes go, we shouldn't need to use a larger rotor and caliper upgrade. From my past experience on my Civic, better pads, better brake fluid (high boiling point), and steel braided lines is all you really need unless you participate in Sprint races every weekend.

I've also been looking into weigh savings. Carbon Fiber hoods are since it'll save us about 25lbs.

For the complete listing from Mazda Motorsports go to the Mazda Motorsports Parts Catalog. One thing to remember when looking at that catalog, only FSZE specific parts will fit our motors. Hope this helped Satisfied some of your hunger for parts. :D

spark plugs aint going to do to much unless you are pushing some serious ponies. and for exhaust unless you are forced induction you dont want to go bigger than 2 1/4 inch piping. 2.5 will give you alittle more top end but you will loose alot of low end. majority of people agree 2 1/4 is the best

Ooops, I did mean to put 2 1/4, but I figured you knew what I meant ;) But as for the spark plugs, you'll only see small gains of only 1-3 Hp, but hey a gain is a gain right. And seeing as how it'll only cost maybe $45, it isn't all that bad. Just my opinion.

I think the AEM intake is gonna be the better bet...The MHP intake is 3", that's to big for this car. Just my opnion.

And anything for the ES Protege should the MP3, except for exhaust, 'cause of the muffler...

Back