Identifying trim level - Touring vs GT?

kleinz

:
Mazda 5 2009 GT, Stormy Blue
I'm looking at purchasing a Mazda 5 listed on Craigslist, which is listed as a Touring. However, I'm wondering if it might be a GT. Here's the details:

2009 Mazda 5
- Heated & leather (I think? definitely not cloth) seats
- Moonroof
- LED taillights
- Fog lights
- Trip computer
- Alloy wheels
- DVD player (pretty sure this is afterma

From my research, it seems that some of these are GT features, not Touring. Are any of these giveaways? Or were some of these features available as options on the Touring?

I know with the next (final) generation, the heated leather and moonroof were GT options only.

Anyone know if the heated leather seats were GT-only in 2009? Or could those be Touring options? I did a VIN lookup on one site that said it was GT, but I wasn't particularly convinced in the formula.

Heated leather seats are GT only options, though someone could add it. You also get automatic head lights and wipers. The biggest different maker is the standard HIDs! You should see a manual light leveling toggle that scrolls 0-4 to aim lights (?) on the lower left side of the steering wheel. They work GREAT and worth it alone! GT is a lot of car compared to the Sport and Touring. 2009 is the best year b/c it retains fender markers and pre TCS nannies starting 10, which I dont like but others do.

Definitely has auto headlights and wipers - those things just about whacked me when I tried to clean the windshield at a gas station.

Drove her home this afternoon - already loving this ride! :)

The biggest different maker is the standard HIDs! You should see a manual light leveling toggle that scrolls 0-4 to aim lights (?) on the lower left side of the steering wheel. They work GREAT and worth it alone! GT is a lot of car compared to the Sport and Touring.

It's funny - those headlight adjusting dials are on every car I've ever driven in Europe, going back for decades...some expensive cars there have automated load-sensitive leveling, but most cheap ones don't. I've never understood why they aren't routinely common in the USA, Mazda is one of the only ones I've seen that uses it here, but only on the HID headlight trim.

The adjustment is normally used to handle variable vehicle loading. I really value good headlight aim and have been musing on how hard it might be to fit either the NA HID height adjusters, or the ROW halogen height adjusters, to my MZ5. Is anyone familiar with the system and what adjustment point it engages?

Ruby
2013 MZ5 6mt

Answer #2 is the fact that the following statement is seldom heard in the states;

I guess so. I've always been very sensitive to glare, so I put a high priority on giving myself effective seeing while keeping oncoming traffic from getting too much glare. I've tended to run high output bulbs in my vehicles, scrupulously aimed, and there's already a mark on the (manual) adjustment wheels I have for unloaded and fully loaded conditions. If you ever find a vehicle with pink and purple nail polish marks on the headlight adjusters a few teeth apart, it was probably one of mine. :D

Ruby

I know with the next (final) generation, the heated leather and moonroof were GT options only.

My 13 touring had a sunroof and satellite radio which was a package. No hid and leather though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back