I went to mediation today...

tviera

:
07 CX-9 Goodness
As most of you know, I'm going through a divorce and child custody battle. I don't know why, but my ex-wife settled at me getting my son EVERY WEEKEND and EVERY WEDNESDAY!!! I technically have 16 overnights a month. Happy Day For Me!!!!!!

Funny but I read metitation. Maybe your ex-wife deep down realized how important your the relationship you have with your son is -for both of you.

My folks divorced when I was 3 and I still have a great relationship with my dad. I am 40 in a few months :)

That's really great news! And kudos to you for wanting to be a part of your son's life. I have a friend whose ex-husband barely even speaks to their daughter. (headshake

No. I do better than she does and I don't mind paying. It dropped from 1075 to 683 including daycare, so I'm not upset. It wasn't about the money. I want my son.

Well good for you tviera! I know how important it is to have your kid in your life. I wish some other people were as dedicated as you are. My son hates both his real father and his old step-father for never wanting to be with him. I'm pretty much all he has as far as he's concerned. His father is supposed to watch him this weekend and now he doesn't want to go with him. It's pretty frustrating, but he'll be 13 next week. So he's made up his mind that he doesn't need anyone. I hate to see that and with kids, once you screw them over - they pretty much shut you out. :(

Btw, there's a meet down south tomorrow http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123728164&page=25 if interested.

I'm sure glad my wife and I never had to go through that. Tearing up homes would be one of the most stressful things in life. Now, I tell kids to not have kids. That way, in our society where over 50% of marriages fail, the kids don't get hurt. I hear of too many kids growing up without fathers because the bums won't pay child support. Not good.

I went though a divorce last year and it was a huge cutody battle with my Ex wife. I'm glad you dont have to go through that but if you want more time with your son, fight for it. I did and I have primary custody of my son and I couldn't be happier. I agree that there are "dads" out there that give us fathers a bad name during divorces and its hard to convince the court, but it can be done.

Congrats again and good luck!!

Well oddly enough, the ex and I are getting along better than ever. We truly are good friends are care about each other, but realize that we shouldn't be together. We, meaning my ex, son, and stepdaughter, go out to dinner every Wednesday and Sunday no matter who has who for that night. So far so good, lets hope it lasts this way. It makes life so much easier. Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Back