i wanna get in the 14's!

jamesk

:
mazda protege 2002
the best time i got was a 16.05 with a 2.30 60 ft. aem intake and ms axleback.

the other best time i got was a 15.75 with a 2.35 60 ft. aem intake, ms axleback, udp, mp3 ecu, and motor mount inserts.

(these times were including my spare tire and subs in the back as well, also stock rims with 205-45-16 tires)

now my current set up is:

aem intake
megan catback
udp
mp3 ecu
obx headers
motor mount inserts
thottle body coolant bypass mod
thermal spacer for the intake
took out vtcs

i am plaining on getting the weapon r damper kit so my engine doesnt move as much and i wanna get a air fuel ratio controller so i can tune the car properly. if i have those, take the spare tire out with the subs and take off my mazdaspeed rims and put the stock ones back on, do i have a chance in the 14's? i want to accomplish this without a turbo. if not what else do i have to do, or is it not even worth trying?

jamesk said:
the best time i got was a 16.05 with a 2.30 60 ft. aem intake and ms axleback.

the other best time i got was a 15.75 with a 2.35 60 ft. aem intake, ms axleback, udp, mp3 ecu, and motor mount inserts.

(these times were including my spare tire and subs in the back as well, also stock rims with 205-45-16 tires)

now my current set up is:

aem intake
megan catback
udp
mp3 ecu
obx headers
motor mount inserts
thottle body coolant bypass mod
thermal spacer for the intake
took out vtcs

i am plaining on getting the weapon r damper kit so my engine doesnt move as much and i wanna get a air fuel ratio controller so i can tune the car properly. if i have those, take the spare tire out with the subs and take off my mazdaspeed rims and put the stock ones back on, do i have a chance in the 14's? i want to accomplish this without a turbo. if not what else do i have to do, or is it not even worth trying?

put stock wheels on, lose a bit of weight however possibble, tune it, and a few more small mods, gut a cat or something, get a light weight battery and you should at least get to the 15.0 mark.

i wanna tune it with the split second air fuel ratio controller for the msp. i called the guy from split second and he said it would work but i would need a NA map. i can either make my own custom one or find one on the forums. does anybody have a custom map? if not, how else would i tune it?

jamesk said:
i wanna tune it with the split second air fuel ratio controller for the msp. i called the guy from split second and he said it would work but i would need a NA map. i can either make my own custom one or find one on the forums. does anybody have a custom map? if not, how else would i tune it?

Best bet is find a good shop, one with a dyno, and dyno tune it.

i dont think there are shops around hear, too bad there are not any maps for the car.

sounds like ur running out of mods... just about time for u to pull the engine and get all of the big work done all at once... pistons, valves, cams, etc... u'd really notice the difference after all that... hahaha

yea i really did notice a big difference. the cars powerband is great, and the car pulls alot harder. it climbs the mph gauge faster, lol.

Back