I need real advice!

tviera

:
07 CX-9 Goodness
Long story. I've been married for 2 1/2 yrs and have a 21 month old son. I also have a stepdaughter who I love like my own. I was there when she was born way before my wife and I started dateing. My stepdaughter's father and I get along very well.

I met my wife wife through her mother and uncle whom I've known for years. We were both young, although she is much younger, and we understand our pasts. I am 7 years older than she. This is not the issue, but still important to know.

Now the real issue. She is having emotional problems. She told me that she has fallen out of love with me, but still loves me. We still have a great friendship, not our marrital relationship is gone. She has acknowledged that the problem is in her head and has taken my advise about going to see a marrage counserler and sit with her OB/GYN to see if her horemones are out of wack. That was two weeks ago and no appointment have been set up yet., she is a stay at home mom and has enough opportuties to make phone calls.

I'm the one who brought up the theropy and Dr, so it's not like I'm trying. She is the one who said she has the problem. She was raised in a ****** up enviroment and said that she didn't want to raise our kids that way, but now she is saying that that is all she knows. She was suppost to spend the weekend w/ her mom ( a bartender ) and talk things out and get her thoughts together, but she has been partying all weekend. I want this to work out because I love her and my stepdaughter, but how long am I suppost to be in a loveless mariage? Due to family friends and financial backing, I would most likely get my son. But I want my family.

The age difference should not be a problem...I have been married to a woman 11.5 years my junior for 11 years.

My suggestion is YOU arrange for her to see a PSYCHIATRIST. Counselors cannot prescribe drugs if they are needed. She most likely is dealing with some sort of depression issue.

OB/GYN's know about the vagine...but not the mind., so don't waste your time there.

The age difference should not be a problem...I have been married to a woman 11.5 years my junior for 11 years.

My suggestion is YOU arrange for her to see a PSYCHIATRIST. Counselors cannot prescribe drugs if they are needed. She most likely is dealing with some sort of depression issue.

OB/GYN's know about the vagine...but not the mind., so don't waste your time there.

But they can deal w/ hormones, which i think mat be the problem.

But they can deal w/ hormones, which i think mat be the problem.

My guess would be it is not hormones. There is no reason for a woman who has given birth to healthy children recently to have a hormone problem. So take that out of the equation. Possible PostPartum Depression maybe?

If she was in her late forties or fifties i would say yes to the hormone idea...but she is way to young to be having hormonal issues.

If it helps you to understand why I say this it is because my mother went through hormonal issues in her mid fifties and she was a mess. But like I also said, see a Psychiatrist FIRST!

Also, I am in my forties ..I understand these things.

I wouldn't be so sure to say its not hormones....They do change as we age and they could in fact be a problem.

Sometimes women who have emotional issues benefeit from simply going on on form of Birth control or another as it controls the Hormone level in a woman.

I agree a Phych. is in order...but dont rule out a Visit the OB/GYN.

EDIT:Yes...I have first hand experience with Emotional/Hormone issues with a "younger" woman....So its quite possibble.

Thanks guys. The OB/GYN is most likely our first route. It is just cheaper with the co-pay and all. I seriously think birthcontrol would help to balance her out.

The ob/gyn is a good start; make sure they check her thyroid panel too, as well as testosterone levels, in addition to her estrogen/progesterone. It could be depression, hormones, chemical imbalance...

Good luck and I'll keep y'all in my prayers...

The ob/gyn is a good start; make sure they check her thyroid panel too, as well as testosterone levels, in addition to her estrogen/progesterone. It could be depression, hormones, chemical imbalance...

Good luck and I'll keep y'all in my prayers...

Thanks. I was hoping you had some input on this.

Depression/boredom of being a stay at home mom, could be that she envys friends or other people she see in her live and wants that too... does she see her friends on a regular basis? do the two of you make time for date nights? usually the failing of a relationship is because the couple becomes detached from eachother...

I think that you should talk to her one day about the counselling or seeing a pysch and make the appointment right then and there. and find out for sure if its depression or some other mood disorder.

I dont know you or your wife or your whole situation but I hope it works out for you :)

Hormones FTW. 4 days of birthcontrol and she is starting to come around. Last night we stayed up all night just talking and laughing like we used to. We we realized what time it was, she thanked me for putting up with everything and standing by her side, gave me the most passionate stare and up the stairs we went. I called in sick today to get some sleep. Thanks for Y'all input.

Hormones FTW. 4 days of birthcontrol and she is starting to come around. Last night we stayed up all night just talking and laughing like we used to. We we realized what time it was, she thanked me for putting up with everything and standing by her side, gave me the most passionate stare and up the stairs we went. I called in sick today to get some sleep. Thanks for Y'all input.

Having kids will throw you all out of wack! Glad things worked out!

Back