I NEED HELP! Wiring an 09 Mazda 3 for subs and amp

skallen

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
I just bought an 09 Mazda 3 GT Sport Hatch a month ago and want to put my system from my old car in it. I really do not want to change the factory head unit as it looks like a pain in the ass to do. My old system consists of : 2- 12" Alpine Type X subs, a JL AUdio 1000/1 mono amp, Alpine Type R Components, and a JL Audio 300/4..with a Tsunami 40 Farad capacitor. My question is, how do you run the power and ground wire from the battery all the way to the back in this Mazda?? I really don't have the money to pay somebody else to do it?? Any help would be greatlt appreciated... I am new to the site!!

drill a hole in the fire wall behind the glove box. thats what i did with 0awg wire. you will prob need 2awg or 0awg for that set up i can't remember the draws vs the awg size so hopefully you know what you are doing. don't forget to fuse the power withing 18" of the battery and never run your power alongside your rca or speaker wire. and when you need to cross them do it at 90* if possible. hope that helps. you will be taking apart the passenger side of your dash to do this as well as most of the passenger side trim to run the power and the driver side door trim to run the speaker wires and component cables.

Back