I missed something... what was up with the AEM SRI?

DistantTea

:
Mazdaspeed... of DOOM!
AEM website says available... nobody has it.. did they give up? When I did a search all I found was the whole CAI vs SRI crap that has been a plague on the forums.

I need an intake that will benefit my STX car... I don't care what kind it is, but its gotta be legal and I like the AEM SRI stuff.

They made it, but it ended up costing more than the CAI. I'm pretty sure people have called them after seeing that & it's not available. If you need a SRI that doesn't require modification (Injen) or relocation of the coolant tank (Billet Design, if we can get them to make it again), I think your only option is the turbohoses.com SRI:

http://turbohoses.com/MSP.htm

It's really expensive & I'm not sure if it relocates the coolant, but they custom make them, so maybe you could get it made exactly how you need it.

John (tytanium) was able to get AEM's SRI for the sedan to work with his DGM ram air hood, so you could always ask him if that intake would work without the hood.

there is no AEM SRI for the mazdaspeed, they did in effect give up. which lately they are famous for doing. they gave a list of SKU and part numbers as well as price information for a Mazda3 SRI and gave up on that one too.

SuperSpud said:
yeah.. i want a sri.... i mean, whats the point of a cai on an intercooled car anyway?
People think it gives you a cooler intake temp, but that's a job for a FMIC. An intake is only supposed to do one thing well & that's flow. You can't do that very well when you put a sharp 180 degree bend in the piping.

^^ you can make one of those yourself for way under $85:D

Back