i hear a buzz from the back when i accelerate

madsmartguy

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
I noticed today that a weird buzz is coming from the back of the car. It's not always there, but I noticed that when I hit the gas, it becomes noticeable, stays for a while (one second), and then goes away. It almost sounds like an electriz buzz type sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought it might be the brakes, but it doesn't seem to link to me hitting the brakes. It links to me accelerating. Someone told me it might be the exhaust/muffler, but I don't really know too much about how they work, and why there is such a sound coming out.

I have some interior panel rattles since I put in the new suspension I'm going to have to track down... could it be plastic on plastic buzzing with resonance to your accelleration?

I can't imagine any electrical component back there that would make a noise only during accelleration...

Could be the plastic covering the hatch. I picked up a buzz/rattle after I got rear ended. Some 3M trim tape & foam weatherstrip fixed that.

Also check your license plate and/or its holder. A little bit of foam insulating tape between the plate and the body may be enough to eliminate the vibration.

if it is a electrical buzz... see if it is from your speakers if it is it coupld be your alternator going bad. it happened to my truck and it grounds out just enough and you can hear it threw there. shot in the dark but hope it helps.

I noticed today that a weird buzz is coming from the back of the car. It's not always there, but I noticed that when I hit the gas, it becomes noticeable, stays for a while (one second), and then goes away. It almost sounds like an electriz buzz type sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought it might be the brakes, but it doesn't seem to link to me hitting the brakes. It links to me accelerating. Someone told me it might be the exhaust/muffler, but I don't really know too much about how they work, and why there is such a sound coming out.

Could be the TURBO trying to catch up :)

i took it to the mechanic yesterday, and he didn't REALLY fix it. He drove it without me for a good 20 minutes, told me he heard the sound and said it was the wheel bearings. He told me to get in the car so I can hit the gas, lifted the car, and did something ( I couldn't see). After he lowered me, I asked him what he did, he said he took the plastic cover off the exhaust, and that it would take care of the problem.

While I admit that the noise is considerably less now, it is still there, but sounds more like a high pitched whistle from the back. Any fresh ideas?

On another note, he told me to change the tires. I have 4 dunlop sp fm901 "summer tires" on now. Can I put two Kumho ASX (all season). Is it a problem to mix all-season tires with summer tires? Is 99.99 + tax per tire a reasonable price (including balancing)?

There's a plastic cover on your exhaust?! hahahahahaha yeah, you need a better mechanic.

If it's an electronic buzz, it may just be a bad ground on one of the rear speakers.

Back