I have a dream.... for my mazda5 setup, thoughts input.

codeyell0

I am a computer tech by trade. I have also worked in the past for many performance shops and owned one of my own.
Also worked for a stereo shop. see all this coming together.

we use the 5 for trips due to the gas milage it gets.
We already have mobil net in the car now i am trying to figure out how to install a pc in the back. I have spare laptops and I can use wireless mouse and keyboard. or i was thinking of a laptop stand of some sort but I want it removable. I would love some sort of drop down table like in an airplane
hmmm.. dad works for USAIR i know he could snag one it would probably look like crap though.

EDIT- I found this pretty cheap too and has quick disconnect. its cheap enough for buying 2 1 in front 1 in rear
the one in front can go into the cup holder
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I also want a better stereo. I have a set of mbquart componants laying around along with an amp and some some other equipment as well.
what size speakers in the doors?
and room in the rear doors for speakers? I need more!!!
I know i'll be installing a decent sized power inverter to power the laptop(s)

I want the dvd system from china but not sure how they are.
I really like how the steering wheel controls will still work thats a big issue for me I bought the car for the steering wheel controls well part of the reason. don't need the wife taking her eyes off the road.

then i want 2 headrest monitors in the rear but these will be if i choose to be independant of the front dvd.

I'm not allowed to have another project so i'm throwing everything into the mazda. wifey like the cool electronics so I can buy them.
I plan on keeping this car for a while. we bought it so we can have kids and grow with them.

I would love to what other people have in thier cars.
Or ideas for my ride

Last edited:
By 'mobile net' do you mean service like http://www.blacklingegps.com?

I have the entourage. sort of 'poor-man's on-star'. tells me where our mazda5 is via a webpage. sends motion alerts and perimeter alerts too. sends txt messages to your mobile phone. overlays to a google map or google eart map.

Peace of mind for us now that the young drivers in the family are using the vehicle more often.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 138
Should check out Virgin mobile. I read the other day they have mifi for $40/month, no contract or 5GB limit.

Looks like they have crappy coverage though.

you can make 6.5" comps fit in the front door location by using a mounting ring/baffle made out of a wally world cutting board, tweets will fit in the stock locations as well if the right size. The stock wiring should handle whatever power you give them from the amp, there may be room in the spare tire area, or under one of the seats for the amp. Power can probably be obtained from the passenger side firewall up under the p/s windshield wiper.

Back