I hate polished stainless...

So, I unpolished mine. Brushed SS OBX header. Sweet. A little Scotch-Brite and some elbow grease, and I think it worked out nicely.

brushedheader.jpg

Mmm... Probably no more than fifteen or twenty minutes. It was pretty quick. I took my time to make it as uniform as I could, too, so it shouldn't take anyone very long to do.

flat_black said:
So, I unpolished mine. Brushed SS OBX header. Sweet. A little Scotch-Brite and some elbow grease, and I think it worked out nicely.

youre gonna regret is in a few 100 miles. I did the same to mine and it looks like s*** now.

Rism said:
youre gonna regret is in a few 100 miles. I did the same to mine and it looks like s*** now.

I was wondering about that. Brushed looks way better than the bling, but on a header isn't it going to change color? Rism, do you have any pics now that it is fubar? I guess that you could spray it with that super high temp 1500* header paint...

Nope, header paint wouldn't work. That stuff flakes off super quick, anyway, and would really ruin the finish of the SS.

I didn't snap a before pic, sorry. =( I know there's a bajillion of these headers out there, so I figured that you guys have seen it in it's polished form. =)

By the by, I've already traveled 200 miles on it, and it does bronze, and IMO, it looks great. =) I like the bronzed look, and don't like it when it's polished, perse. The rest of my exhaust is brushed stainless as well, and it looks a lot more natural, but really nice. I'll snap a picture of it a little later, when I get a new SmartMedia card. Mine puked. Hehe.

Rism said:

He's right eddie, it does look like s*** after a while. I left mine stainless polished and looks pretty cool these days. Like multi-color gold. However, I really should clean my engine bay..

Whaddaya mean? You had the cleanest engine bay at the NEPOC meet! Then again, your engine did just get dropped in at that point. ;) Hehe.

Yeah, my engine bay looks pretty bad, too, just due to all the grime, oxidization, and so on. Uugh.

Anyway, we'll see how the header turns out. I put so many miles on my car, and I have an autocross event this weekend in Ayer, so we'll see what it looks like after some extreme heat cycling. Hehe.

SpicyMchaggis said:
He's right eddie, it does look like s*** after a while. I left mine stainless polished and looks pretty cool these days. Like multi-color gold. However, I really should clean my engine bay..

Back