I-eloop

00tj2

:
Jeep wrangler/honda ridgeline
Has anyone heard of Mazda is planning on making the I-ELOOP available on the Cx-5 or Cx-9?? I know the 6 is their flagship but I would think they would want that feature on all of their vehicles?

Had it on my 6. Although it helped me get 40+ mpg highway it was very expensive! The battery alone costs almost $500. Mine went out but was replaced under warranty.
The battery alone would buy a lot of gas.

Had it on my 6. Although it helped me get 40+ mpg highway it was very expensive! The battery alone costs almost $500. Mine went out but was replaced under warranty.
The battery alone would buy a lot of gas.

Well that def makes sense. I was not fully aware on how the system worked, i.e. Capacitor or battery but I can see how the added cost can negate any fuel savings. Still seems like a great idea if the can keep the cost down with the newer technology along with some type of start/stop feature for city driving. I currently have a Honda Ridgeline and regret not buying the Cx-5 or any Mazda for that matter. I will be waiting till the 9 comes out and hopefully some more info about the 17 Cx-5 before I make my move. Unless I pick up a NA or NB Miata to play with in the meantime.

The CX5 2.5L and diesel versions comes with i-eloop here in denmark, so it does exists.

I asked about I-eloop last time I was at the dealer. It is not available for CX-5. The salesman said he had a customer that really wanted it, so the salesman called Mazda and asked to import a European CX-5 with I-eloop. Mazda would not allow it.

Hopefully they bring it to the US market before my next vehicle purchase. I can't see why they couldn't want it available in all of their vehicles unless it's just not worth it?

In US:

1. Mazda will hire a beautiful Hollywood spokeswoman named Sky
2. They will then introduce the technology but name it in US markets as SkyEloop

Sales *might* rocket....

Back