I can't wait for the new Mazda6 to arrive!

gene in cincinnati

Contributor
0213a.jpg

Leading the way is the worldwide debut of the Mazda6 Sport Wagon (Japanese naming: Atenza). Alongside the sporty five-door hatchback and the elegant four-door sedan, the sport wagon completes the three-bodystyle line-up of this all-new midsize car. The sport wagon shares with its sister models athletic tension in design with the additional benefits of cargo capacity and flat-floor loading space sought by wagon customers. All Mazda6 models were designed and developed as a new global benchmark in the class in terms of styling, performance, packaging, and quality. All three-bodystyles go on sale in Japan over the early summer of this year.

The new E-type multi-link rear suspension employed on Mazda6 Sport Wagon minimizes intrusion of suspension components into the luggage compartment. Thanks to its compact design, a spacious, low-floor, easy-to-use luggage space is attained. Mazda6 Sport Wagon also adopts 'karakuri'-inspired rear seat design as first seen in the 5 door hatchback version. A single touch on a handle in the luggage area causes the rear seat cushions to sink into the floor while the seatbacks fold forward to create an entirely flat load floor. Mazda6 is scheduled to be introduced onto the European market this summer, and MZR-CD 2.0-liter common rail diesel engine and 4WD version will follow in autumn.

from http://www.mazda.com/publicity/public/200202/0213e.html

Damn, i shouldnt have seen that pic of the Mazda6 sport wagon. Makes me think if im gonna be holding on to the P5 or trading it in. Nice pics though!!:eek: :eek: :D

Autoweek's cover story on the 6 a few weeks back didn't mention premium fuel? I dunno about that one, but that's abig selling point. It was one of the MANY reasons I bought a P5 rather than a Matrix. The 6 Sportwagon isn't due in the States til at least summer of 2004 so you've got a wait for that one, but I'm with you. That looks like a beautiful car.

The Autoweek story says 4 door sedan 6's will be available here in August, but I just bought my P5 last month and when I asked the salesman about the 6 he said they're not really expecting them in the showrooms until at least October and possibly even 2003? He might have been uninformed but we probably shouldn't hold our breath until they arrive. And even then, I personally wouldn't want to buy one of the first production models. Nobody ever gets the first few cars right anymore it seems, especially since this car will be built in Michigan.

RON is not a foreign calculation...it stands for Research Octane Number. Fule at the pumps is usually given a number that is an avergae of RON and MON (Motor Octane Number) and 91 RON I think means we're probably looking at "plus" gasoline but maybe not "Premium." That's disappointing, but "plus" is still better than Premium by at least a dime a gallon.

I'm not positive about what 91 RON would mean, I'd have to do some checking, but I think I'm right. Anyone KNOW for sure??

Schweeeet

I am thinking about selling one of my cars to get one of those!!! They about the sweetest practical cars that I have ever seen!!!! when does it come out?
I am excited about it then we'll have something else to talk about!!!

Later, Monique:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back