i cant for my life figure out the sizes with rims

Munnugles

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
ok so im definetly a newb when it comes to sizes and all of those sorts...
so im thinking of buying rims either 18.7.5 or 18.8s... im most likely going to slap on some 225/40/18 tires... i am also on cobb lowering springs... basically im an not sure at all how the offset works and how i would know that i will not rub...
im thinking about the Rota P45F 18" x 8.0" rims they have a 48et offset and 21lb from **********
or the ROTA Wheels Subzero 18"x7.5" rims they have a 48et offset and are 21.5lbs from racinglab
also what is our hub bore so i can make sure they also fit the car
the subzeros are 56.1mm will that fit? im not sure what the p45fs are

i searched but couldnt find anything that i could understand... i even tried using the tires/wheels calculators but couldnt figure it out for the life of me

if any one has these rims possible on a sliver ms3 post a pic up (or if you have them on any speed 3 so i can see the actual color of the rim)

thanks in advance for any help

if you're buying rotas, get them from wheeldude. they'll give you wheels in the proper fitment (offset and hub bore)

ok does anyone have a picture of the rota p1 hyper black rims on siver or at least a pic of hyper black cuz im not exactly sure what they are... if it wasnt for the red lip i would be all over the other rota p1 in flat black

Last edited:
I don't think a 56mm hub bore will work. I think we have like a 65mm bore so you will nedd 65mm or bigger.

The center bore is 67.1 mm. Anything smaller you can get machined out (within reason). Anything bigger, just get hubcentric rings.

hmm ok... with 225/40s i wont rub though on cobb springs... anyone know if i do that size with the 18x8 rims how much more wheel gap i will have cuz well... wheel gap sux

and anyone know any other sites with somewhat cheap good rims, and a pic of gun metal rims on a silver...?

Back