HyperTech Tune Users: Please Check In!

Do these not work on the 2012's yet?
Nope, mine has been sitting unused on the floor for a while now waiting for them to do an update for the 2012's. I've called them a few times and they won't give me any kind of answer as to when an update will be ready (or if they're even working on one).

A recent addition to my car as of 11/30/11. I still don't know why I waited this long. I wanted a simple and reliable way to "wake up" this car and HT did that. :) This is a TRULY Plug and Play and "forget" system... Hard to beat $$$. Money well spent.

Carlos

Just got mine from another forum member. Need to update it and then flash the ECU with it.
Debating leaving the car stock first, then adding my CAI and updating it with the Hypertech just to see the difference but I sort of want to do it all at once so the effect is more impressive. Any opinions on that?

Either one by itself will be felt, but why not just do them both together?

i had my cai wayyyy before the ht, i felt a difference after the intake and then another difference after the ht

I'd say do the intake first and drive it a few days to get the feel of it. If you have anything to datalog with, start doing a few logs once your fuel trims adjust to the intake. That way you can also make sure your intake install went well and you do not have any problems. And yes, something as simple as an intake mod can have issues.

Then add the HT. Be sure to use the correct intake setting choice in HT so that your MAF calibration is spot on. You can flash back and forth and compare after that.

I know, it's so tempting to get the the tune working for you ASAP. But being old school, I've always believed that putting multiple mods on a car with no baseline between them can be a problem if one of them raises an issue. Then you can't figure out what is the problem. That's just me.

Last edited:
Yes - change one thing at a time.
A golden rule I follow with most things. You're asking for trouble if there's a problem otherwise.
Sage advice.

Thanks!

Ok, I tried to read through the 16 pages of posts so I may have missed this.

The MS3 is my daily driver and it only has a COBB intake. Other than a tune, I probably won't ever go more than that.

How is the drive ability with the hypertech tune? Is power delivery smooth?

The reason I ask is I had a Unichip with a TurboXS tune on my old WRX and it just wasn't a smooth power delivery. It was like an on-off switch. It drove me crazy.

Ht is sooo much better than stock, but i cant really compare it to other aftermarket tunes

the main setting within the ht youll worry about in terms of smooth delivery is the 0-60 throttle restriction being on or off. and that is sonething only you can decide for yourself after you try out both

^ Truth.

HT seems to have gone to a lot of extra effort in R&D to work on light throttle and part throttle tip-in smoothness. Most aftermarket tuners and tuning solutions only focus on wide open throttle maximum performance. That's "open loop" programming when the ECU is not taking feedback from the primary or wide-band oxygen sensor. HT worked hard on that to get maximum safe performance, but it also obviously to me spent a lot of time on the "closed loop" tuning. That's the part throttle, around time driving we do 95% of the time and which takes into account adjustments made by the ECU based on our driving habits.

So, IMHO, this tune is far smoother than even the factory tune.

Let me say one thing, in the interest of objectvity. You may find your cruise control acting a little bit "touchy". With the tune installed, small changes in speed with the cruise control seem magnified a little bit. It might seem like it "jumps" 2-3 mph with a push of the button instead of just one. You get used to it. I think this is common with just about any aftermarket tune, because the tuners like to change the throttle position mapping. That means that tiny changes in accelerator pedal position make bigger that normal changes in throttle plate position. That makes the car more "peppy" feeling at lower rpm changes and makes the car more fun to drive. But it seems to make cruise control adjustments a bit strange feeling.

But smoooooh power delivery at all throttle positions? Hell yes!

Back