Hypertech - Mazda 2 Tuning Chip - Product Request Form - PLEASE FILL OUT!

:
2012 Mazda 2
Hello Everyone,

I saw a Hypertech banner on here advertising their tuning chip for the Mazda 3. So I went again a sent them a message on Facebook asking if they have any plans to create a tuning chip for the Mazda 2. Here's our conversation so far -

Font Motorsports -

Any plans to chip the 2011-12 Mazda 2? We need it desperately!! ;o)

Hypertech -

Oh, that's a good one! I am sure that 1.5L would be some work to squeeze a little bit more power out of, but I'm sure we can do it. :)

If you don't mind, please fill out this product request form from our website...
http://209.12.144.7/requests.php?ye...l=2&submodel=NA&engine=1.5L+FI+GAS+Y&trans=NA

We use these to prioritize our Engineering and Tuning schedules, and then to notify you when we get ready to release tuning for your vehicle. Feel free to share this too. The more requests, the higher the priority. :)

Thanks for dropping by! ^JL

Needless to say his reaction was very positive and we need as many of you Mazda 2 owners to FILL OUT THE PRODUCT REQUEST FORM so that they make a Mazda 2 tuning chip. Let's do it!

Product Request Form - LINK

Done. Is there someone that I can send my engine computer to that could bump up the rev limiter a little (re-flash?) for a decent price?

Done... Hey font motorsport im in miami and im intrested in your products. can you message me a product list for the mazda 2. thanks in advance

It's interesting and all, but the real question is: what parameters could they change and is it worth it? Of course, it's probably too early to ask, since they haven't even looked into the thing yet...

It's interesting and all, but the real question is: what parameters could they change and is it worth it? Of course, it's probably too early to ask, since they haven't even looked into the thing yet...

Good question. If you look around on the net for them they have worked on many sport compacts including the Mazda3 and Mazda MX-5's and according to them and many buyers they've achieved great gains. Now how much and for what price is yet to be determined. The least we can do is to do our part to convince them to create one first. They do seem very willing.

Last edited:
Update from my on going conversation with Hypertech -

Font Motorsports -

Can you tell me a bit more about your tuning chips? What gains do you think you can get out of the Mazda2?

Hypertech -

I wish I could give you a decent guess on this, but there's no way to know until we get in there. I can only point to the success we've had with tuning the sport compacts so far. We do support a lot of different sport compacts, and a quick search around the net will dig up plenty of people who love our tuning. The Mazdaspeed tune is unreal, and we have a lot of positive reviews from those guys. Our tunes result from countless hours and lots of dyno pulls. The end result will be the best tune you can buy. I promise the same result when we tackle the Mazda2! ^JL

A promise is better than nothing. ;)

Let's give more requests filled!!

Well, certainly Mazdaspeed is turbo, while M2 is not, so I wouldn't expect the same type of gains. Otherwise -- let's wait and see.

Hypertech -

We prioritize our schedules based on product requests, so you're definitely pulling your weight with all the requests your pushing through. We have a good customer base in the Mazdas, and really like tuning them. I wouldn't expect anything immediately, but I'll do my best to push for you guys to get something as soon as we can. ;) ^JL

Back