HUD keeps reverting to auto brightness (2023 CX-5)

:
2023 CX5 turbo
My HUD on my 2023 turbo resets to auto brightness every time I restart the car. It is too bright I have the auto brightness box unchecked and manually turn it down to -15 or so and next time I drive it is back on super bright and the auto brightness is checked. seems odd that every time you drive you would have to change it as the rest of it stays how it should ie height and angle yada yada...anyone else with this issue?

It sounds like you’ve got it paired to your key as that is one of the functions programmed into that setting along with the seat.

It sounds like you’ve got it paired to your key as that is one of the functions programmed into that setting along with the seat.
yes both my wife and have our sets of keys programmed for each of us and for the last 10 months they both worked perfectly ie when she drove the HUD was barely visible how she liked it. the other day she said it was way too bright on her way to work i took her key and unlocked the door and sure as s*** the hud was super bright (the seat adjusted for her like normal). I locked the door then used my key to open it and seat adjusted to my setting and HUD was again super bright. I can reset with the individual keys and uncheck the auto bright of the HUD and program the individual keys but sure as s*** the very next time the car is started the auto bright box is checked and the HUD Is super bright. for some reason everything else will stay programmed to the individual fob except the HUD brightness. the horizontal and vertical adjust accordingly but the brightness keeps going back to auto and it is like blindingly bright.

Here’s how to reprogram your key.

yup....but for some reason the auto bright box keeps checking itself...everything else on the HUD and seats etc work as they should with the individual fobs. for some reason the auto brightness box keeps rechecking itself.

Latest posts

Back