How's your Insurance $$?

I called up AAA to see how high my insurance was going to go if I got the MSP and they did not have a listing for the it. I explained to the lady that they were a limited edition car and they had a turbo. She selected an MP3 I think and said that this was the closest she could get. She must have added Turbo to the car cuz' it was $300 more a year compared to my 99 S-10. I can't imagine the MP3 being that much more than my truck. I am only 23 so I still have the rediculous insurance rates even with a perfect record.
How did it affect you guys and who's the youngest with a MSP?

I had the same problem with my insurance.
They had no listing for it so they went off the P5.
I didnt mention the turob.
I couldnt go with a big name insurance because I have one accident on my record.
So with that and I am 26 it came to 200 down & 166 per month.
Not too shabby.

In my experience truck insurace is cheaper. They are less likely to be stolen and cheaper to repair. Especially American brand trucks. Theft and repair factors into cost a lot more than it used to it seems. That is my experience, YMMV.

prost said:
In my experience truck insurace is cheaper. They are less likely to be stolen and cheaper to repair. Especially American brand trucks. Theft and repair factors into cost a lot more than it used to it seems. That is my experience, YMMV.

That's weird. Here my truck costs about 1.5 times as much as my P5 for full coverage... The only reason listed is that it has a V8... Damn Insurance nazis... Blah.

Damn mille! 17! That is way too much car for you... Ha ha
Sorry just jealous :p You must be killing your parents insurance with that car!

I think I will try the Protege route and accidentaly forget about the Turbo. Thanks for the tip.

I just got my papers to renew my truck and my rate went up $60 isn't it supposed to go down as it gets older? I know it's only $60 bucks so I'm not woried about it. I am hoping to get my truck sold and get the Mazda before my first payment in February.
I finally got a call on my truck last night so I might have someone looking at it tomorrow! :D Show me the $$$$$$$$

i'm 19...
Second driver, with perfect driving record..

I pay about $1300 CAN/ 6 months with $500 deductible.

Comprehensive coverage...

is this a lot?

Last edited:
Limited Edition said:
i'm 19...
Second driver, with perfect driving record..

I pay about $1300 CAN/ 6 months with $500 deductible.

Comphensive coverage...

is this a lot?

You guys get raped in Toronto...

For full coverage, fire, theft, vandalism, etc...$2 000 000 liability, replacement cost, and free rental cars etc...I only have to pay $1586 CDN a year or roughly $1000USD...34 no at fault accidents, and only 3 tickets in the last 5 years, and 2 of those were on my motorcycle...

Sorry forgot the deductibles are $200 collision, $300 comprehensive..

actually our insurance company is from wisconsin or something and they really have no clue...the statement had the car described as a regular protege and its like 950 a year, im pretty sure

Insurance is the reason i couldn't get the MSP, it would have been $6,000 a year, USD. NJ and Liberty Mutual suck more dick then a 2cent hoe. This is on a 17yr old first driver

digi168 said:

You guys get raped in Toronto...

For full coverage, fire, theft, vandalism, etc...$2 000 000 liability, replacement cost, and free rental cars etc...I only have to pay $1586 CDN a year or roughly $1000USD...34 no at fault accidents, and only 3 tickets in the last 5 years, and 2 of those were on my motorcycle...

Sorry forgot the deductibles are $200 collision, $300 comprehensive..

Digi168...
is it because i'm under 21 or 25? Or is it just Toronto being a larger city?

Limited Edition said:

Digi168...
is it because i'm under 21 or 25? Or is it just Toronto being a larger city?

Both. But I'm in the same boat. By the way, it's 25 when your rates drop.
I'm 24, and right downtown Toronto. My agent said my rates will drop when I turn 25 (significantly) and when I move out of the area I'm in.
I received quotes upto $11000/year (no I'm not kidding) but the more reasonable ones were around $3100. That is insuring it under my name. I have 2 accidents on my record, both were 100% not my fault and deductable was waived, but they still count against you. I also have 2 other claims from when a tree fell on my car, and when it had the passenger window smashed out of it. Plus I was T-boned, but I didn't go thru insurance for that.
Hmmm, I think it's time to stop driving the bad-luck-mobile. :D

Just insured my MSP, 38 married,clean record. In toronto.

Make sure you are sitting down.....$ 1236 cdn ( 860 US ) a year, full coverage, 300 deductable, waiver of depreciation. Listed as a mazdaspeed. ING is the company.

By the way this is off topic but why not....there are all kinds of news reports about Canada not supporting the US in the war in Iraq. Our Prime Minister does not speak for all canadians and I personally support the efforts of the coalition forces to rid Iraq of the evil leader and his sons. We pray for the safe return of all the solders in Iraq.

I just switched from GEICO to Progressive and started saving a boat load. My insurance dropped about $600/year and is now $1294/year for full coverage. I've got a $500 collision deductible and a $50 comprehensive deductible.

I gaurentee you I have the highest. Lets just say mine around $5000 a year. 17, male, 1 ticket, and a reckless driving incident where I did not get the ticket and a person tried to sue, but lost (not what you think). I don't know why it's so high I really dont understand.....

New Jersey has the suckiest rates. Originally was quoted by my Prudential agent for $4,000 US per year for MP5 and 626, with highest deductible on the MP5 and just PIP (no collison, theft coverage) on my '98 626. New Jersey is sooooo f'ed up. Drivers were me and my wife, who just got her driver license. I'm 33.

Then my agent turned around and managed to find me a Condo owner package insurance that's about $380 for the Condo, like $600 for the 626 and the rest on the MP5 w/$2000 deductible. The MP5 is my daily driver, 50 miles/day. Grand Total: $2200.

Morale: Get a Homeowner's/Renters insurance package. Huuuuuuge savings.

*** Edit ***
That's $2200 per year. Insurance company is Encompass Insurance.

I got offered $1045 for a year full coverage from AAA. This was alot less then the offer from my current insurance company progressive which wanted $850 per 6 months. Both are based on a $500 deductable Im 23/M with a totally clean driving record. How does that compare to the rates you guys get? The AAA deal looked like the best one ive found so far.

$840/yr for a 25yrs old with Black MSP. I'll take it!!!! I had a huge drop because of age and went from a V-8 Pickup to the MSP listed as a sedan.

Back