How to murder out my Mazda3

Zoomzoom17

:
'08 Mazda3i Sedan
I have an '08 Mazda3 iTouring I believe. Trying to figure out how to murder out the emblems, including that silver annoying piece about the front Flying M. If you know where I could buy them that'd be great, a tutorial to do it my self would be also, thanks guys. Also tail lights? Wheels? Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

For the plastic emblems: Krylon Fusion for plastic does wonders... it comes in gloss and matte black, at walmart. For the front grille piece tape it off and take the emblem off by popping the tabs behind the grille. For the rear emblems, thread floss or fishing line through the back of them to get them off. Make sure you wash all the areas first real well and let them dry completely. No other prep work (sanding ect.) is required with this paint. Do even coats and let them dry completely before doing another coat. 3 coats should do the trick. Make sure you have a nice clear coat as well for protection. Krylon probably manufactures a good clear coat for plastics too.

For taillights look up VHT nightshades and buy it through eBay, make sure you have some clear coat ready as well. Remove and then clean the lights you desire to black out. Sand them with 600 or so grit sandpaper real well. Wash again. Then let dry and apply in thin even coats. 3 will most likely give the desired "murdered out" look. Do 2 medium even coats of clear to get em shiny. Then wax them and put them back on after they are completely dry (like after a day of drying).

don't need nightshade for the tails, u can buy vinals that go on like tint. (so u don't ruin the tail lights) there on eBay for 18.99

lamin-x is great, goes on and stays on, but when you do remove them they usually leave no adhesive at all

they sell NiteShades at an autoparts store right by my house. i used it and they turn out great if you do it the right way (wet sand, however many coats of niteshades, wet sand, 2 coats of clear, wet sand, buff and polish)

there is ton of pictures and tutorials how to murder out your mazda...
I have a different technique got nightshades... just clean the tailight... cover what you dont want to be painted and put fairly thick coat, wait 10-15 minutes and one more and your done.. in the result they came out shiny and not that dark...
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x48/kulka89/mz3_pro/

reference photos? ;)
DSC_9029.jpg

you will get tired of it and.. well...
6.jpg

Back