How-To: MS6 Clutch adjustment

Good news...

Mazdaspeed6 Clutch Fix TSB -- about time

This of course means that some people have the annoying clutch while others may not (or at least may not have all of the parts that make up the really annoying clutch). So depending on your VIN, you may be able to get the whole clutch replaced.

Hey i want everyone to know that this is the greatest thing that could have been done to this car! Mazda needs to pull there heads out and take care of this! I adjusted mine and i feel like im in a new car! VERY VERY GOOD how to Antoine!!!!!!!

snooky said:
you think if i bring my car to mazda and show them these steps they'd do it for me?
Dude.. its so easy! U can look at it and feel what needs to be done! The directions almost make it seem harder then it is. But thats just because he was being VERY in depth so EVERYONE could do it. Just climb under there and look. Or get someone who knows a LITTLE!

AWDRACER6 said:
Dude.. its so easy! U can look at it and feel what needs to be done! The directions almost make it seem harder then it is. But thats just because he was being VERY in depth so EVERYONE could do it. Just climb under there and look. Or get someone who knows a LITTLE!

ill give it a try. thanks

2.5 on the big one, and then just turn the other one back and forth until it just pushes the piston in without any play on the pedal.

just did the mod....took 5 mins...7 mins tops and I am by no means a mechanic....awesome DIY, pictures were helpful...amazing, now the car is perfect in my book!

great write up! worked like a charm. as always thank god for this forum!!

(first)

i had to readjust mine the other day i remeber when i first tried it i was like s*** what if i **** up haha.(drive2)

Does anyone know what the two sensors on the clutch pedal are (one is engaged when the pedal is up, the other when it is down)? Are they just on/off or do they actually measure how much the pedal is pushed in? How does lowering the clutch pedal affect these electircal sensors?

Last edited:
Hey guys didn't read the whole how to, but is this basically a fix, to reduce the distance to the friction point of the clutch?

thanks

Back