HOW TO: Install TRZ DogBone Rear MotorMount

Headlight fluid? I need to check mine ASAP!

But seriously I've read a really scary account of the passenger side mount going to hell in another forum. Marketing ploy perhaps?

Headlight fluid? I need to check mine ASAP!

But seriously I've read a really scary account of the passenger side mount going to hell in another forum. Marketing ploy perhaps?

Pm me a link please? This is the first time I've heard of this.

Last edited:
we have a few damper solutions for the passenger side which are going to help alleviate any stress on that mount. we want to approach that mount itself as a replacement with caution. one of the aftermarket mounts had rampant failures reported and we're not looking to repeat that on a product we sell. we're looking to be far more careful moving forward on product releases from the lessons we've learned on our own and with others.

many thanks, zoomin3 and everyone else who contributed. this has got to be the easiest mod. however, i probably would have been too chickensh3t to try it w/o the picture pages.

started her up on the ramps and omfg what a difference. the vibes remind me of my old 93 z28 police interceptor. feels like i have an lt1 back under the hood. keep her above 1500 rpm (which you should do anyway) and all is well.

there are two kinds of mods - ones that give you chubbies and others that are more subtle. the trz dogbone is the former.

just did this install today. took all of 30 minutes, which was mostly spent trying to fix my cheap ass floor jack. which i'm now heading out to return, and test out the motormount.

thanks for the write up. came in handy.

holy crap the vibrations are nuts.

but kinda cool, as i hear/feel more of the engine. probably something i can eventually get used to, even if it doesn't get reduced by the tranny mount that'll go in next week.

the break in over the next tank of gas or two will reduce the amount of vibrations by a good deal, so put the mount through its paces and let us know in a few hundred miles how it has held up!

^ He's right. After about 200 miles, my mounts have calmed down considerably.

They are approaching the point of feeling like the CS inserts when first installed.

Oh yes, absolutely! Shifting is much easier now that I don't have to deal with the engine flinging around in the engine bay.

I should have specified that I was talking strictly about vibrations, not performance.

I just put this in this afternoon. The longest part was driving to get new jack stands before I started. This is the easiest mod I've done and I love the results!! Excellent write up!

I just put this in this afternoon. The longest part was driving to get new jack stands before I started. This is the easiest mod I've done and I love the results!! Excellent write up!

good stuff. let me know if you want to augment it further with the transmission mount!

I'll get one for sure soon after I get my AutoExe bumper...I just HATE removing the battery and all that junk. I did it twice for my SRI/Inlet...

Back