How to improve 2015 CX-5 GT Audio Controls

RaptorOO7

:
2015 CX-5 GT Deep Crystal Blue
I have a 2015 CX-5, and absolutely love it except for one HUGE problem. The voice controls simply suck, blow, don't work 80%+ of the time and its a really enough to make me trade it in next year and get a new car. So I have a few questions I hope other members can help me with.

1) Are there any updates to the system to improve its look up contacts for dialling (phone paired), using TomTom GPS, can't understand Cities, Streets, Etc.
2) Is the 2016 Infotainment system improved in this area, are the voice activated controls better, worse or the same?
3) Will a better aftermarket system work to correct this, can you integrate a new system in and get voice controls to work better?

Thanks.

Voice commands don't work all that well in many vehicles. The biggest issue being wind and other noise in addition to the systems being very primitive. Apple's CarPlay uses Siri and it's very intelligent and works well, but few OEMs have it currently, though more are jumping onboard. We have a 2014 Mazda 3 with the new infotainment system and its not much better from a voice command standpoint. I find both systems voice command clunky and not all that accurate.

It would be a lot cheaper and an awesome upgrade for you to put an aftermarket stereo in that has either CarPlay or Android Auto provided you use either an Apple or Android phone.

Better than the hit you'll take when you trade in an almost brand new car.

Last edited:
Back