How To: Fogs On/ Daylite Running off (Canada)

Just did this to my MSP and I must say THANKS!!! Instructions were great and mod was pretty simple. You rock Bumble G!!!

What do you do with the BLUE/ORANGE wire from the DRL module on the connector side,
RED wire from Fog Light Module on the harness side, and the RED/WHITE wire from the Fog Light Switch on the harness side?

323CiP5 said:
What do you do with the BLUE/ORANGE wire from the DRL module on the connector side,
RED wire from Fog Light Module on the harness side, and the RED/WHITE wire from the Fog Light Switch on the harness side?
Tape them up with electrical tape and leave them.

Just finished the mod, and wanted to say thanks to Bumble G for the write-up! It weas pretty simple and easy, but it's hard splicing wires, etc in those tight spaces. Finally I can have the fogs on with the high beams! The only problem I ran into though is that after turning the key to on, the parking brake light only illuminates for a second, then goes out even if the E-brake is on. Will it stillilluminate if a low fluid level exists? I was hoping that it would still alert me if the brake was still applied too. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also just finished this mod. I opted to wire the fogs on the Accessory power, so I don't have to drive around with my parking lights on all the time. Also chose to bypass the switch for the DRL and just ground it out. I don't intend to use them ever again.

Looks sweet with my new yellow fogs, too.

Thanks!

Sweet man. I didn't use a switch for the DRL's either. I jsut grounded them out too. But I meant to ask, does your e-brake light work as it's supposed to? Mine turns off 3 seconds after starting the car even if the brake is on... Yours?

Mine seems to be working fine, but I'll check again. Remind me on Saturday!

Maxx Mazda said:
Sweet man. I didn't use a switch for the DRL's either. I jsut grounded them out too. But I meant to ask, does your e-brake light work as it's supposed to? Mine turns off 3 seconds after starting the car even if the brake is on... Yours?

I just did this mod last Thursday, so thanks to Bumble G for the how-to. Its great to be able to have control of all the lights.

By the way, My e-brake light doesnt work either.

Bump for an update on the e-brake light prob. I want to do this mod but would like to know if someone has found a way around the problem Maxx Mazda and fvellani had (e-brake light going out even if the e-brake is on).

fvellani said:
I just did this mod last Thursday, so thanks to Bumble G for the how-to. Its great to be able to have control of all the lights.

By the way, My e-brake light doesnt work either.
Ya, I talked to Josh (Net_Guy) yesterday, and he showed me his car. The E-brake light on his car after the mod works as it's supposed to. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I wouldn't mind it being fixed.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

I have no clue on a fix...I'm pretty bad when it comes to electrical stuff. It's not really a big deal though, as long as the light works as intended with regards to problems with the brake system (brake wear or whatever it is). But if anyone comes up with a fix it would be much appreciated.

bump for an update on a possible fix

I'll wait for spring to come back before doing the mod since I have no garage to work on the car but I'd sure be interested to know by then if anyone else did it and how it turned out...

As of now it works fine for 2 people and 2 other people encountered a problem...

I say we need a tie breaker! (scratch)

Thanx,
HiKsFiles

HiKsFiles, the mod works perfectly fine, looks good, the only problem is that the parking brake light doesn't come on when the brake is on. I doubt that will be a problem, as it's pretty easy to tell when the brake is on, and I figure it's routine for most people, if you put the brake on when you leave the car, you'll automatically just reach to put it back down when you need to drive...not a problem at all, for me at least.

fvellani,

I don't mind at all the e-brake light disappearring after a few seconds...
I'm only afraid this will screw up my remote starter since it reads the e-brake status before allowing or not the car to start remotely (manual tranny).

I guess I should rephrase my question for : anyone did this mod with a manual tranny car having a remote starter kit installed?

Thanx again,
HiKsFiles

fvellani said:
HiKsFiles, the mod works perfectly fine, looks good, the only problem is that the parking brake light doesn't come on when the brake is on. I doubt that will be a problem, as it's pretty easy to tell when the brake is on, and I figure it's routine for most people, if you put the brake on when you leave the car, you'll automatically just reach to put it back down when you need to drive...not a problem at all, for me at least.

I wouldn't mind the fact that there was no light when the e-brake was on. But, I DO want to know if I ever run low on brake fluid (that light is used for a low fluid warning as well). That's the reason some people are a little hesitant to do this mod. BTW, I just picked up a factory service manual so maybe I'll look into a way around this problem if I get some time. I'm not driving my car now (it's in storage until spring) so I will probably get a chance to try some things out.

joecanadian said:
I wouldn't mind the fact that there was no light when the e-brake was on. But, I DO want to know if I ever run low on brake fluid (that light is used for a low fluid warning as well). That's the reason some people are a little hesitant to do this mod. BTW, I just picked up a factory service manual so maybe I'll look into a way around this problem if I get some time. I'm not driving my car now (it's in storage until spring) so I will probably get a chance to try some things out.
My light does not work as it should for the e-brake, but I can vouch that it does still work for the low fluid level. I'm still trying to figure this one out, but I'm not losing sleep over it!

(crazy)

BTW, I just picked up a factory service manual so maybe I'll look into a way around this problem if I get some time. I'm not driving my car now (it's in storage until spring) so I will probably get a chance to try some things out.
Thanx Joe!

Let us know if you find anything.

HiKsFiles

Hi guys,

I just want to disable my drl, so before I hack wires, I just want to double check. So I would just cust the yellow/green wire, and the blue/orange wire and connect the two wires on the harness, thus bypassing the connector? Is this right? Thanks!!

Back