How much to install Ipod adaptor?

mo08ms3

:
08.5 BM Mazdaspeed3
I saw lots of threads on the ipod adaptor but couldn't find anything on how much a dealer would charge for installation. I have an 08.5 MS3 GT. I bought the Ipod interface a week ago (right after I bought the car) I usually would much rather install stuff myself and was planning on doing it this weekend, but I'm a little wierd about ripping apart the inside of my new car. Anybody know how much a dealer would charge? Anybody know if this task is fairly easy on an 08.5?

Thanks for your help.

i just ripped the interior out of mine. save the cash and do it your self. you could probably do it in less than an hour from start to finish

the interior of the three is obscenely easy to take apart so I would highly suggest doing it yourself. I think the mazda instructions allow for two hours and you end up with the ipod in the glove compt., vs if you do it yourself you'll be done in well under an hour and can run the wire wherever you want. If you'd like to see the pdf of the "official" instructions PM me your e0-mail and I can send them to you.

If you'd like to see the pdf of the "official" instructions PM me your e0-mail and I can send them to you.

Just out of curiosity, is this something you get when you buy the kit? Or is there a manual for all this. On a slightly unrelated note, is there any "best" overall parts and operations manual, or something that will show you where stuff is, how to repair/do mods to your car. This probably sounds insanely ignorant, but this is the first car I've ever had that wasn't at least 8 years old when I got it, and I never had any experience with doing work on my car myself, so it was a non-issue.

The Mazda general service manual can be had for about $150 and tells you how to take stuff apart. It won't tell you about modifications. Factory stuff comes with pretty good installation instructions, but in a few cases there are variances in the Speed model which the instrucions don't quite cover. Your best bet for mod information is right here.

Would you say that having the service manual is probably a good thing to have on hand, or not really worth the cost? And just for varification, I do not have the speed, just a regular '08.5 2.3 Hatch.

the interior of the three is obscenely easy to take apart so I would highly suggest doing it yourself. I think the mazda instructions allow for two hours and you end up with the ipod in the glove compt., vs if you do it yourself you'll be done in well under an hour and can run the wire wherever you want. If you'd like to see the pdf of the "official" instructions PM me your e0-mail and I can send them to you.

If it is a user friendly interior, I'll just do it myself.

I have instructions that came with it, but if those lead me astray, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Thanks for the help everybody. I'm getting my windows tinted tommorow. I wish I could do it then but I most likely be in there way.

Would you say that having the service manual is probably a good thing to have on hand, or not really worth the cost? And just for varification, I do not have the speed, just a regular '08.5 2.3 Hatch.
It really depends on what you plan to do with your car. I wouldn't be without one, but I'm a bit crazy that way...(freak)

Just out of curiosity, is this something you get when you buy the kit? Or is there a manual for all this. On a slightly unrelated note, is there any "best" overall parts and operations manual, or something that will show you where stuff is, how to repair/do mods to your car. This probably sounds insanely ignorant, but this is the first car I've ever had that wasn't at least 8 years old when I got it, and I never had any experience with doing work on my car myself, so it was a non-issue.

No I just got bagman1 from onlinemazdaparts to send it to me.

Back