How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Hi Pluvia, yeah that makes sense, software upgrades are relatively easy as is folding stuff like 'safety pack' or front LEDs into the price.

Can't see the bigger petrol (as per US) coming over to UK, there would not be enough demand but we\ll see.

When is CX Mk2 due to arrive in UK? Anybody have firm date?

Have a nice one!

If they start including things like safety pack and DRL in the cost price Im gonna start demanding some money back or some further free extras because I have had to pay separately for all those extras but they are supplying me the new model so will be essentially making me pay for standard equipment if that happens!

I have read the new model is not as long as the current model......

Yeah its so easy, just get a suitable app (of which there are several) and all the main ones are selected through that and roberts your mothers brother!!!

Alternatively if you have a fave station you listen to all the time just get their app and use that!

I'm pretty sure you need a DAB adapter of some kind to plug into the phone too. I've tried one or two of these with my iPhone 4 and the signal quality is pants, especially when driving around! Mazda just need to build it into their cars like everyone else.

Yeah you do need an adapter for DAB. Alternatively you can use Tunein Radio App and listen to online radio stations that way thru your phone with no adapter.

Think in that case i'll give it a miss, I had downloaded an app, but not yet tested it.

Emailed Cambridge Mazda today and got told they have no details on the facelift model CX5 yet. I havent heard back from the dealer I bought our car from either on the subject so assume no1 yet has anything concrete! Im so intrigued to know what the facelifts are! I have bought a brand spanking new car and I actually dont know exactly what its gonna look like or what features it has!

Do you have a link?

Please ignore what I said! Turns out I was reading an article on the CX3 being 300mm shorter than the CX5! I think Im reading way too much at the moment trying to find information that as yet isnt in the public domain!!

Dealer is 'not sure' what the Mk 2 will offer by way of improvements, which is strange as he is saying that if I placed a factory order now I would get the Mk 2 in late March. But when I pointed out that I would want to know what exactly I was getting for my money, he had no answer. They only have Mk 1 brochures and apparently no official guidance from Mazda. He also pointed out that Mazda need to sell their current stock so not sure if they do know what will change but are not saying as they want to shift stock on the forecourt and know that buyers will wait for Mk2 and 14 reg.

So I have a decision, continue with Mk1 at good price or wait for Mk2 at whatever price they will be. But no detail of Mk 2 on which to base the decision!

Last edited:
Dealer is 'not sure' what the Mk 2 will offer by way of improvements, which is strange as he is saying that if I placed a factory order now I would get the Mk 2 in late March. But when I pointed out that I would want to know what exactly I was getting for my money, he had no answer. They only have Mk 1 brochures and apparently no official guidance from Mazda. He also pointed out that Mazda need to sell their current stock so not sure if they do know what will change but are not saying as they want to shift stock on the forecourt and know that buyers will wait for Mk2 and 14 reg.

So I have a decision, continue with Mk1 at good price or wait for Mk2 at whatever price they will be. But no detail of Mk 2 on which to base the decision!

Yeah I have heard similar from 2 other dealers which leads me to believe they are in the dark currently. I think this is partly to do with the big sales push on the new mazda 3 which I have been told is their main focus sales wise at the moment.

Both have promised to let me know as soon as they do. I am in the position you are not sure that you want to be in whereby I have paid for a car but dont know exactly what Im getting! I kinda like the surprise element and as long as nothing gets taken away from the spec of the car I have bought I will be happy. Also as long as none of the added extras I have paid for become standard I will also be happy! Should they add any of the options I have paid for into the standard package I will try and renegotiate with them to add some further options in for free.

This is why Im so keen to find out whats been facelifted!!!

Davey,

Keep your finger on the pulse! I'm sure you'll be pleased with any upgrades Mazda make to Mk 2 as competition in this sector is pretty fierce; so it'll be interesting to discover just what exactly is on the horizon. If you have already paid in full for your car, I'm not sure where you stand contractually if there is something not to your satisfaction.

I've decided to delay purchase until the mist surrounding the Mk 2 clears. If it takes my fancy, I'll buy it but if not I'm sure there will be some good deals around on unsold stock of Mk 1s.

In Belgium it is called the 2014 ipm2 version.
We ordered one second half of december en it will be delivered second half april.
One big change on the top model was that both front seats are powered and the driverseat gets memory function.
That's why I waited to order a few weeks.

I expected the memory seat after seeing one on the Mazda 6, but not the elect pass seat which I would have liked, we don't need memory seats as we both use the one set up, but I would imagine we are in the minority.

When I first bought the car I would have liked LED driving lights, but only because they make a car look modern, now I'm not bothered.

I still miss the panoramic sunroof I had on the Xtrail, and the superior sat nav, so hopefully at least the latter will be changed.

I expected the memory seat after seeing one on the Mazda 6, but not the elect pass seat which I would have liked, we don't need memory seats as we both use the one set up, but I would imagine we are in the minority.

When I first bought the car I would have liked LED driving lights, but only because they make a car look modern, now I'm not bothered.

I still miss the panoramic sunroof I had on the Xtrail, and the superior sat nav, so hopefully at least the latter will be changed.

Hi toeter,

That's good to know. On the existing Mk 1 UK top model , both seats are powered / heated. Not sure about the driver seat memory although every car I've owned that had power seats also had the memory function so the Mk 2 most likely will have it.

My car delivered in July last year only has the drivers seat electric adjustment.

In Belgium it is called the 2014 ipm2 version.
We ordered one second half of december en it will be delivered second half april.
One big change on the top model was that both front seats are powered and the driverseat gets memory function.
That's why I waited to order a few weeks.

Thanks for this info!

This is very good news! Did seem pretty silly to have only drivers seat with electronic adjustment and no memory baffled me also!

We have ordered the very top model (in the UK its called Sport Nav). Can you tell us any of the other new features included please? Any information you have is very much appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Hi toeter,

That's good to know. On the existing Mk 1 UK top model , both seats are powered / heated. Not sure about the driver seat memory although every car I've owned that had power seats also had the memory function so the Mk 2 most likely will have it.

I thought the mark one only had electrically adjustable drivers seat. Passengers is manual?

@ daveyhampton

Sorry, can't tell more !
The dealer had a letter with 2 full pages.
The only big changes in Belgium for the sport was the seats and the safety package with lane thing,high beam thing and xenon got standard.
But the price raised with the price of the safety pack and € 225 extra (witch was for the seats)

Back