How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Ok. Just phoned the dealers and they again said it was just a setting. I then pointed out it seems to be an accessory - they looked it up and said it (therefore) must be an accessory. With fitting (half hour according to Mazda) will be nearly 100. Not as keen now!

Just to add. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my main gripe was that I wanted the mirrors to fold after getting out of the car so that I could use them to look down the road whilst getting out. This has been partly resolved. The dealer has now informed me that the fold switch is useable for a short period of time after the ignition is turned off. I've tested this and it is correct (but I don't know for how many seconds it is 'live'). So as long as you don't have the ignition off for too long, on getting out of the car you can flick the control to fold. Not ideal but better than I thought.

I had the auto fold upon lock accessory module fitted yesterday for 60 all in. I'm happy with it as I now have complete peace of mind that my car is locked just looking at it......... I also had the OEM DRLs fitted (FOC) and I really like them as well!

My Tomtom has updated fine on my PC for the past 12 months until I changed my security programme to Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0 a few weeks ago.
Even when I disable Kaspersky temporarily I still get a message:
"Secure Connection failed. home: tomtom.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.........."
I am on Tomtom Home version 2.9

Has anybody any ideas on a fix? Thanks

My Tomtom has updated fine on my PC for the past 12 months until I changed my security programme to Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0 a few weeks ago.
"Secure Connection failed. home: tomtom.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.........."

Clearly a software issue. Probably best to raise a ticket with TomTom, if anybody knows about this, they should do.

I always use the cable rather than wifi, even so it can take 2 hours. Is your internet connection dropping?

Tomtom problem

I always use the cable rather than wifi, even so it can take 2 hours. Is your internet connection dropping?

My internet very rarely drops out It is Virgin Media broadband with hard wiring between the PC and the router.
20 mins. ago a speedtest showed broadband at 62Mb. I then still got the same fault with the Tomtom card, even trying 2 separate card readers. A speedtest straight after this showed 60Mb.
I get frustrated contacting Tomtom but I think Perusal's suggestion of raising a ticket is the next step .

My internet very rarely drops out It is Virgin Media broadband with hard wiring between the PC and the router.
20 mins. ago a speedtest showed broadband at 62Mb. I then still got the same fault with the Tomtom card, even trying 2 separate card readers. A speedtest straight after this showed 60Mb.
I get frustrated contacting Tomtom but I think Perusal's suggestion of raising a ticket is the next step .

62mb!!!! Wow! Out here in the sticks we're ecstatic if we get 6.2mb. Mind you, we've only had electricity and running water for a few weeks now. (yippy)(yippy)(yippy)

Seriously though, TomTom can be very frustrating to deal with but you usually get there in the end

12 months ago the Tyre Pressure Monitor flashed up a beep and a warning on screen. Sure enough one tyre had a nail in it and was going down - the TPM had done its job.
A couple of days ago the same warning came up as I was driving along a road suffering badly from subsidence and the car was wallowing all over the road. I stopped a few hundred yards up the road where it was safe to do so. A check with the tyre gauge showed one tyre down by 0.15 bar, which I wouldn't have thought was enough to trigger the TPM warning. As I was only about two miles from my destination I reset the TPM in order to show any further drop in pressure before I got there. There wasn't, but what was strange was that the I-Stop did not kick-in on the 4 or 5 occasions it should have done in that couple of miles. Hours later I drove 25 miles back home. The following day, with cold tyres, the one tyre was still down by 0.15 bar, which I put in and reset the TPM and 200 miles later the TPM warning has still not beeped and the I-Stop is back to normal.

Because of this anomaly with the TPM and the I-Stop, is it possible the bumpy road upset the traction control readings which activate the TPM and somehow upset the I-Stop?

UPDATE Just had a reply from TomTom- 6 days after my initial request for help and 1 day after a reminder to them.

After an apology it says (quote) "I have checked the website and it appears that it is currently not possible to purchase the LIVE Services for the built in Mazda devices, I am not sure why this is and have since reported it back to our Web Team.
It then asks me for a phone no. and time and they will call me back so that I can subscribe for another 12 months traffic updates.

I will update as and when

Having done over 3000 miles over the last few weeks I am increasingly pleased with the CX-5, except for the infotainment system. I updated TomTom Live Services before a trip back to the UK from France, only have the system shut down after the first 200 miles. I pulled in to a service area, switched off for a few minutes and set off again. TomTom started up, but crashed again after 20 minutes or so. I had to complete the remaining 800 miles of my journey with no maps and no traffic information. I eventually managed to get it working again some time later after re-updating twice and it worked OK on the return journey, surprisingly.

It is a shame that a good car is let down by the quality of the navigation system, and TomTom customer support is abysmal (the first time I asked for help on an issue, all they could do was advise me to read the manual). And as for the USB playback........!

Must admit I have my alarm set to 90mph which probably represents about 85mph in real life. Very easily achieved since the car seems to be right in the middle of its torque band around 75mph and picks up beautifully when I go to accelerate past another car. Despite the comparatively disappointing motorway economy I do find the car very comfortable and easy to drive over long distances.

What sort of MPG do you get when doing 70-90 mph??

Good question! Anything from about 40-44mpg. In the early days (<2000 miles ) it would even drop into the high 30s. Motorway fuel economy has been my only real disappointment with this car. It's the first car I have had in nigh on 40 years where the motorway economy was worse than around town or in the country. Current tank is averaging 48 mpg though we only did about 50 miles on the M way in the last 350 or so with this tank. (150 bhp engine)

Good question! Anything from about 40-44mpg. In the early days (<2000 miles ) it would even drop into the high 30s. Motorway fuel economy has been my only real disappointment with this car. It's the first car I have had in nigh on 40 years where the motorway economy was worse than around town or in the country. Current tank is averaging 48 mpg though we only did about 50 miles on the M way in the last 350 or so with this tank. (150 bhp engine)

We dont get anything like that ever whether round town or on motorways. We have the 2.2 175 version but up to 3000 miles the average was around 37mpg and on our recent 3000 mile trek round europe it was low 30's. We are not impressed at all with the fuel economy.

Having done over 3000 miles over the last few weeks I am increasingly pleased with the CX-5, except for the infotainment system. I updated TomTom Live Services before a trip back to the UK from France, only have the system shut down after the first 200 miles. I pulled in to a service area, switched off for a few minutes and set off again. TomTom started up, but crashed again after 20 minutes or so. I had to complete the remaining 800 miles of my journey with no maps and no traffic information. I eventually managed to get it working again some time later after re-updating twice and it worked OK on the return journey, surprisingly.

It is a shame that a good car is let down by the quality of the navigation system, and TomTom customer support is abysmal (the first time I asked for help on an issue, all they could do was advise me to read the manual). And as for the USB playback........!

Did you try the reset button on the network page? The one that appeared after the TT soft wear update.
It was included after problems connecting to live services.

On the motorway I get the worst economy, 40mpg is good, but if I was at 90mph it could go down to 36mpg on the average readout.
Luckily in the UK road works and traffic density helps keep my speed down nearer to the legal figure, on my last trip it showed just 40mpg.

Solo locally semi rural its showing around 44mpg.

On a run using my preferred roads A and B, I've had 49mpg twice on the read out, and 55mpg once. It makes a big difference were you live and how you drive.

Towing a one of best of just over 34mpg!!, normally 26-29mpg.

Overall its around 2-4mpg more than my last Xtrail, but with 44 pound feet of torque more which does allow for quicker driving especially towing, so overall I'm happy with the fuel returns.

If I was to criticize the car, I would say the least thing I like about it is the "air of cheapest" it seems to have, a frailty.

But overall I'm a happy owner, just irritated with the USB lack of resume.

My car is an auto and i average 42-44 but i only use the car for long runs and dont use it locally. When using it for fast motorway the mpg drops (unusual in other cars) to 40-42. After a long A road and motorway with roadworks and 50mph average speed cameras i saw an average of 54 after 150 miles once but that is the highest i have seen. The average is usually reduced every few hundred miles by a DPF regen, if i spot it i usually put it in manual and use 5th/4th gear to keep the revs up for 10-15 mins or so and the regen clears quicker. There doesn't appear to be any passive regen as i would have thought that with my type of driving (long runs/cruising etc) it would burn off particulates naturally but obviously not as it still seems to do active regens.

Getting new front tyres tomorrow for my 19 inch rims. Going for the Toyo make to keep them the same with the rear ones. 135 each incl vat and fitting, was the cheapest price I could find in the locality. A few tyre places said they couldn't get the 225/55/19 size at all. Disappointed that they have only lasted 19,000 miles. Will probably need new rear tyres in another few months as they are wearing just a little slower than the front ones.

Getting new front tyres tomorrow for my 19 inch rims. Going for the Toyo make to keep them the same with the rear ones. 135 each incl vat and fitting, was the cheapest price I could find in the locality. A few tyre places said they couldn't get the 225/55/19 size at all. Disappointed that they have only lasted 19,000 miles. Will probably need new rear tyres in another few months as they are wearing just a little slower than the front ones.

Did you have the wheels rotated at service as this should balance the wear out a bit. That price you quoted is the best price i have seen these Toyo 19inch tyres, where was that?

Latest posts

Back