How is the Mazda3 stock tires?

clicknext

:
2006 Tungsten Grey Mazda6 GT I4
How good is that rubber? Use a point of comparison if it helps you describe... :)

I'm thinking about buying some Mazda3 rims/tires for my P5.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If they are Eagle RSA's then you should take them off the rim and set them on fire. No grip in anything but clean dry pavement and even that is sketchy. Thats the only tires I am staying away from.

if it's bone dry, just fine

anything else = suckage

and wear? fuggedaboudit
if you get 18k, you've done well

i got 26k or so on my stock good years... that was through 1 maine winter as well... as far as all season.. ummm no. cause i had to take my gf's car anytime it snowed out and when i couldn't take her car dear lord it was sketchy!!

were they the best... no... were they good enough... almost. if you were to replace them though the price is a joke

and if you were going to put the stock mz3 rubber/tire combo on your p5 your odometer and mileage would all be ****** up btw... its to big of a combo.

clicknext said:
How good is that rubber? Use a point of comparison if it helps you describe... :)

I'm thinking about buying some Mazda3 rims/tires for my P5.

Thanks!

16s + toyos: less road noise, ok on wet roads. occasionally the tires don't get good traction launching from a stop on an MTX on wet (atx owners don't have this "issue").

17s + RSA: horrible road noise (it howls-- i kept thinking a window wasn't fully closed), pretty good on dry. I haven't tried to push it on wet roads, but owners report horrible experiences with them on rainy days or during snow season.

Those Goodyear Eagles are absolute trash. I see many a set with uneven or extreme wear on a variety of makes and models. The traction they provide is like trying to run in socks on a hardwood floor.
I replaced the tires on my 3 with Nitto Neo Gens. They're quiet on the highway, handle well around town, in the rain, and even in the ice/sleet.

*scratch what i said if you've read it already. i just remember my car crash at about 25Kmiles, but i had the O.E's on until then* Bone dry pavement, it does its job pretty well, but underwet conditions i can feel slippage, but thats only (recently 34K-30Kmiles). i need to rotate them, and then i'll see if it has been wearing evenly, but i'll see after summertime

Last edited:
agreement of rsa suckage

so i just picked up my 3 last week, my previous car (msp) had new
goodyear eagle f1 all seasons, and it was a champ in snow and slush.
these goodyear RSAs just almost got me in two accidents in the last half hour,
and the abs was on way too much.

im going to bail on these tires. awful!!!

Latest posts

Back