How fast have you got your P5?

Well the number of ppl in the car doesnt really change anything with regards to top speed, but I guess the autos are slower in every possible way.
I'll update my numbers when I get the turbo installed and the 17s on there.

GMalatrasi said:
Well the number of ppl in the car doesnt really change anything with regards to top speed
Wrong. I'd be shocked if you could hit 80 with your P5 stuffed full of circus clowns.

I did 210km/h in an 06 jetta 2.0L (gas) turbo but then I ran out of road. Too bad, I still hadn't shifted into 6th gear :p

theres something holding it back. around 100MPH@4k RPM, it barely tries to continue. i cant even hear the intake drone anymore. does anyone know how to remove the governer?

I've had my P5 to about 230KPH... Hard to tell, the speedo stops at 220.

Mr.Ames said:
I was bored the other day so I decided to see how fast I could go. The car didn't quite want to go to 190km/h but it didn't govern out. Would the over-sized winter tires have anything to do with it? (and yes, the highway was completely dry, so I don't wanna hear anyone giving me s*** for it) I wonder if it would go faster if I put my new midpipe on and a RB catback? Right now theres only the header on there with the stock airbox...

I've seen my speedomoter over 120mph (around 125mph) and kept holding down the gas pedal. the P5 wasnt accelerating fast enough so I slowed down before I ran into a cop. btw, my P5 is completely stock and an auto. but I do use synthetic engine oil.

Hi! I had to reply to this thread. I found this picture from way back. I still had some speed left but choose not too!

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
rednecks_r_us said:
LOL there are tons of these threads on here. I hit a governer at 132-134 MPH every single time.

i know this is old, but wtf!! u were CRUISING at that speed. haha lmao. i hope it was to just take the picture...fastest i've gone was 120 and then i hit brakes. :)

Back