How do i install an ebay MBC?

If you have no modifications (Forged Motor) I suggest you keep it in the box...

There is a vac line that runs between the wga and the dumpster. Install it there.

Simple answer is you don't. In the nicest way possible, if you need to ask that question, you absolutely should not put that on your car.

30222840017_large.jpg

C'mon guys. He said he's not going to install it he's just asking how/where it goes? It irks me up when people say (especially on forums) If you have to ask then you don't need to do it. Think back to when/if you were in school and you asked your professor how to solve for X...What if he/she said if you have to ask that then you need to leave the class. He's asking to learn information, don't shoot him down for it, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Pbarton: it goes between the source hose and that connects to the WG.

JDWK:If I remember correctly a while ago you asked where to properly mount an o2 sensor in your exhaust. Same thing right? If both are done incorrectly both could have catastrophic consequences.

Not quite the same thing. I simply didn't realize there was a bung already in our J pipe. And there really isn't a way I could damage my engine while data logging with an LC1.
I agree searching forums sucks, but the function and properties of a manual boost controller are all over the web including Wikipedia.

To the OP, if there aren't proper markings showing inlet and outlet on the MBC you'll need to find the specific instructions for that device to identify them. One nipple is the inlet which will connect to your boost source, and the outlet will go to the WGA, which is the little metal cylinder with a stick coming out of it that connects to a small lever on your turbo.

You'll also need to make sure it is completely closed so you still see stock boost when you initially install it, there should be markings on it as well to tell you which way to turn it.

If a wideband is installed incorrectly and you are given inaccurate readings by running lean...zoom zoom boom

Ok so im only finding one vac nipple actually on the throttle body , pardon my ignorance but is that the right one?

you have to connect in this order, wga to mbc and mbc to intake. You have to put the mbc between the wga and intake vacumm line.

I see massive boost spike in your future. The only right way to use a mbc is with an external wastegate.

If a wideband is installed incorrectly and you are given inaccurate readings by running lean...zoom zoom boom

For 99.9% of the members on this forum, they are using their wideband to connect to a gauge as a monitoring device. Our cars have no way of reading a wideband without a piggyback or full standalone computer. In fact, I don't believe there is a piggyback on the market that can do anything but display the AFR. So if you are tuning an SSAFC using an incorrect gauge, I would hope you would take the necessary precautions to make sure your gauge is working properly.

Even a full stand alone such as the megasquirt with tunerstudio, which can target an AFR from a wideband and actively tune the car in real time, has a % limit on how much it can adjust, and most experience megasquirt users don't go above 10% of the fuel duty cycle.

How the hell would anyone install one incorrectly anyway? Run a long wire and dangle it behind the exhaust pipe?

A wideband is a measuring tool, it does not directly affect the behavior of the car. An MBC, on the other hand, can have an immediate and catastrophic affect on the car. They are about as far away as you can get from each other in terms of car modifications.

You're right, they are very much different as far as modifications go, but what I said had nothing to do with whose incorrect modification can do more damage.
If you have a .45 gun (wide band) and a shopping cart (MBC)...both are COMPLETELY different, but both can kill you (engine).
All I was getting to was the fact that you jumped on this guys nuts for not knowing how to do something and I was making the point of he may have asked a "silly" question...but so have you.

Back