Highly Pitched Skweaking Noise???

brmiley

:
Mazdaspeed Protege..Laser Blue
I thought i had a belt skweak so i changed the belts..it didnt go away? I change my alternator cause i thought that was it...went away but is now back again and the alternator is less then two months old...my motor, turbo and car is pretty heavily modded...can anyone give me a suggestion as to whats wrong here? Anyone have any similar problem?

Should i run a higher amp' alternator?

Should i do lighter pulleys?

What kind of belts should i run?

What kind of alternator?

Any help i would greatly appreciate guys!! Thank you if you can help.

Maybe its not the alternator, but a pulley going bad (the bearings)??? I know my parents car had a sound that was just like a belt squeak, but it turned out to be a bad stabilizer pulley. Hope that helps a little...

Are you sure it's coming from the vicinity of the belts/pulley area? I thought the same thing once and realized it was in my tranny.

Yeahh no i deff think its coming from there my tranny was just out got a new third gear put in it(friend did it, not me ;) ..) it stopped after i changed my the alternator but seems to be doing it again... what kind of alternator and belts your guys using?

and martis maybe it is one of them but the last alternator i took off sounded a little sweaky... im going to check the pulleys though

have you tryed greasing the belts and pulleys? I cant remember brand name but it is a belt spray you put on while car is idling, spray directly on the pulley grooves so it gets on the underside of the whole belt,took away my squeak. (comes in a yellow can and cost like $4)

Back