High Performance Timing Belt

br289165

:
'02 P5/2 Audi A4s
Does anyone know if there's a high performance timing belt available for FSDE's? I keep finding chipping in 3 new belts I've installed. Has anyone else had this problem with timing belts, I've got a built NA motor that sees 7k RPM sometimes.

Last edited:
That kit looks like it has everything you need, timing belt, idler and tensioner pulleys, tensioner spring, water pump, crank and cam seals, valve cover gasket, drive belts, wp gasket, even new rubber pieces for the timing cover.

i've been after the same thing for a long time. In my experience, the belts always held ok...it was my tensioner that kept giving up, causing the belt to skip time, and thats it...

I had the spring fail...had the tensioner itself fail once...and had them both fail simultaneously...but that was on an engine that would see 8200 rpm regularly...

but i kept reusing the same belt, as it had zero noticeable damage...and when i built the other engine i kept it non-interference, so worst thing that happened was the engine not starting....i'm also not fully aware of the tensioner brand, as i bought a full kit at the time...then kept replacing the tensioner from only stores like partsgeek.com (was in college, didn't have much money).

so if anything...i would say, especially for higher revs, use only the OE belt and tensioner...you could get away with an aftermarket belt from a name brand i would imagine...but i wouldn't mess around with that tensioner...just by holding it you can tell its a pretty needlessly complicated little bastard.

Back