High compression 4 cylinder engine and awd conversion for Protege5?

Hi Community,

I have a vision for my P5, l would like your opinion on it. I just want a awd manual non turbo wagon that has decent power. Factory P5 is only 130hp and l would like an engine that outputs 170hp at min, ideally above.

I wonder what engines are a good fit for my P5. I read that some of the most legendary engines ever built are:

M3,
S2000 Honda,
Toyota Celica (2ZZ-GE VVTL-i),
Accord Euro R 2.2 liter,
Civic Type R FD2 for US market or FN2 and K20A made for international markets
Mercedes Cosworth 2.5

And can a Audi Quattro or Subaru continuous awd drivetrain be customized to be used in P5?

Cheers

N

Anything can be done for enough cash and if you don't need it to pass any road inspections :D

There were 1 or 2 Honda B16 swapped Proteges around years ago but practically nothing else

There's a factory AWD P5, some of the JDM Familia Sport20's came in AWD, manual and with the FS-ZE engine (higher compression, more power than the USDM FS-DE). Downside is that they are rare, heavy and the AWD is 80/20 split not 50/50 like a Subaru or Audi

Finding, buying, importing and registering one of these will most likely be cheaper than getting a different 4wd system even mounted under a pro5 :)

Back