Hi!

dragonteeth

:
'15 CX-5 Touring AWD w/ Bose ★
Today is the first time I joined the Mazda family, and to make matters even more serious, my first new car, too! I've never had my own vehicle that wasn't owned by my parents, so I've been saving up within the last year or so. I signed the papers for a 2015 CX-5 Touring (Blue Reflex) w/ Bose speakers + moonroof this morning! ( ̄ー ̄)

It's still at the dealership because they're installing various things that I wanted, such as the moonroof and roof rails, so I won't be able to pick it up until a week or so (is what they estimated).

Overall, I'm happy to have joined the forum and will be lurking around! I am interested in light modding, so if you have any recommendations as far as that goes, feel free to link 'em.

Cheers,
- Lauren.

Congrats! Don't think they are installing a moon roof at the dealership. The moonroof comes with the Bose option from the factory. They probably are just installing the rails.

(hi), congrats and welcome! Several light mods to do. Just search around and enjoy! We love photos too!

Hey there I havnt had mine long but I love it. If u want to do some cheap cosmetic changes aliexpress is a cheap site for things like stainless steel sill guards. Mud flaps. Boot liners etc. The only other thing I did was replace the 2 dash speakers (I didnt get the bose system) with jbl 3.5 inch 2 ways. Made a huge difference :) enjoy the ride

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I actually got a call from the dealership a day later and said it was ready to go. I walked to the dealership, grabbed the keys, and ... it wasn't starting. Nothing was working. I knew how the keyless feature worked since I had test-driven this exact model. I went to the salesman who had originally helped me and he told me it was the right keys, but told me to take it into their shop to take a quick look. Turned out that the battery was dead? I asked what could've possibly happened, and he said that the "installation crew might've left something on [auto-dimming mirror, maybe?] overnight and forgot to turn it off." Of course, there was no sure answer, but they restarted the car.

I'm a bit weary and now paranoid of leaving things on before leaving, but I have the car now! It rides like a dream, the Bose speakers are amazing, the dashboard is sophisticated, so on and so forth. . .

I'll surely take a look at the other threads. :) Here is a picture I took yesterday:

WlcCaTh.jpg

If the battery did die, I would charge it back up to 100% as the alternator will charge the battery a certain amount to keep the car juiced for awhile, but it will not be 100%. As I trickle charge mine every now and then it's around 89-95% before charge, and my battery has never been low enough to not crank. Not keeping a battery charged to 100% every so often is what eventually kills batteries prematurely.

Last edited:
Back