hesitation... is this because I'm not flashed?

UltimaGT

Contributor
:
'03 spicy orange MSP
Well I consistently get hesitation around the 3,500k-4,300rpm range, it's hard to pinpoint, but this isn't under WOT, which I understand is the symptom of a non-flashed vehicle, and since I'm the 2nd owner of this vehicle I kinda presumed that it was flashed. Is this a lack of the flash or something different? Any suggestions before I take it to the dealership to get looked at?

It's a debated issue. To Flash or not to flash. I have seen this happen in a MSP with a A/F Gauge, it goes lean for a second and that is when the hesitation happens. Re-Set the ECU by unplugging the Positive side for Ten minutes...Try that first...

Try resetting your ECU first like brian said. I am unflashed but recently my hesitation got ALOT worse, my car would just bog down and not want to spool. I reset the ECU and I now am back to having hesitation I can live with (well hesitation I would rather fix some other way than the falsh)

i was hesitant at first as well. but finally couldn't take the hesitation anymore. got the car flashed and loved it. instant free gratification.

Back