Here's my final stereo plan.

b_real45

I have everything except the amps and the sub.. and the amps are coming tomorrow!

stereoplan.jpg

The CDTs are installed.. and all the wiring has been layed/routed/hidden and just waiting for the amps to arrive. The HU will be installed when the amps because I'll need to get behind the radio anyways when installing the amps.

As for wiring, I got all of it at KnuKonceptz. 4 gauge to a distro block which will feed 8 gauge to the two amps. I also purchased 2 pairs of 4 meter (just enough!) twisted pair balanced RCAs. I should be ordering the subwoofer shortly.

You have WAAAY too much time on your hands....but it's still a cool diagram :)

The setup looks good, and with the amps coming tomorrow, you can get everything hooked up and running, and just have the sub wires in place for when you get the sub.

jersey_emt said:
You have WAAAY too much time on your hands....but it's still a cool diagram :)

The setup looks good, and with the amps coming tomorrow, you can get everything hooked up and running, and just have the sub wires in place for when you get the sub.

lol! To be honest, the diagram only took 20 mins. ;)

Sometimes it's good to make diagrams when you're getting more than 1 thing at a time... especially with the entire system. Helps you realize if you're missing anything or not.

That's basically the same setup I was going to go with (if I had the money :) ) with the exception of the HU and sub. I plan on keeping my stock HU and getting either an e12K or E12A.

Are you planning on upgrading your electical system (i.e. batt, alternator,cap, etc)? Peak load for those amplifiers could draw close to the rated 120 A (60A per amplifier).

Ben

lol you punk! That's the same head unit I'm getting. There are 2 versions of the Panasonic Ghost. I'm getting the more expensive version because I like the display better. It's much brighter.

benimal said:
That's basically the same setup I was going to go with (if I had the money :) ) with the exception of the HU and sub. I plan on keeping my stock HU and getting either an e12K or E12A.

Are you planning on upgrading your electical system (i.e. batt, alternator,cap, etc)? Peak load for those amplifiers could draw close to the rated 120 A (60A per amplifier).

Ben

Ya I know.. but I doubt I'll be turning it up all the way. However I will be upgrading my grounds and upgrading the power wire from battery to alternator. And eventually I'll be getting a yellow-top optima.

knukonceptz is awesome. -=)
im most proud of my wiring.. i have knukonceptz
negative + positive battery terminals
100 amp 1/0 gauge inline fuse
1/0 gauge powerwire all the way to the back
digital distribution block that splits off to 4 ga power wire
4 ga ground wires off the amps.
its a very clean set up.. i like it alot.. and after i spent like 150 bux there i got a free sticker. WoO hOoO. -=)

Woot! Free Sticker! Actually...I think it comes with every order...but their stuff is such good quality at a spectacular price. I love it!

Hey, looking good! I see you decided to go w/ e10k, cool!

Was installing the CDTs easy? I need to put some eDead or Dynamat-equivalent around the components (Between the metal and the components) to reduce some of the vibrations I get w/ mid-bass.

Keep us posted!

Installing CDTs are pretty easy, as should most component systems. The hardest part is the adapter, but is easy as long as you take a little time to plan it out. If you decide to flush mount the tweets, just make sure you use the right set of tools and it will be a snap. My kit said you could even use a utility knife (but a hole saw is preferred,) but it seems your much more likely to fubar something that way.

As far as deadener is concerned, check out Raammat (website at raamaudio.com) I used this on my installation, and its is excellent. Very easy to install, works (and looks) great, and of all, is very inexpensive. A 60 sqft roll is only $99 bucks, and if you watch is actions on ebay you can get it for $79. I bought two rolls myself, although one probably would have been plenty. One roll covered no less than: two layers on the outside skin of front doors, 6 layers in area behind woofer, 2-3 layer on inside of entire door panel to seal (critical to making tight, strong bass.) And had enough left over to put 2-3 layers around rear wheel wells and trunk area to reduce road noise.

I've heard good things about brown bread as well, but never used it. Its a little more expensive than Raammat, but both are far, far, far cheaper than dynamat (compare dynamat ext, 36 sqft for $105 at ikesound.com.)

I took a bunch of pix from my install if you are interested.. I plan to do a write-up....someday.

Back