Help With Thunder Header

mazda32008

:
mazda3i 2008 M/T!
i got this header and want to get it installed i dont want to do it my self since i will prob risk breaking the O2 sensor. What would be a reasonable price a shop should charge me to install it. Also how would i get rid of the CEL that will come on. Can i make the computer ignore the code so it doesnt come on? If a anti-fouler doesn't work then what? where would i place the anti- fouler? how much does an anti-fouler cost?

Only way you are going to break the o2 sensor is if the thing is rusted\fused into the bung. If thats the case, the shop will also have the same issue. Disconnect the wires to the o2 on stock mani, and pull the stock one out with the o2 sensors still attached. Much easier to get them off with the manifold on the ground and you not in a funky position.

Non foulers\anti foulers are cheap, like under 5 bucks.

To get rid of the CEL you are going to have to chop off the extention they put on for the o2 sensor, and have a bung welded in. Then you would use a set of non foulers to pull the o2 sensor out of the exhaust stream a bit. The extension they used was too long. (worked with draxus' header, and the obx header on my p5, so I would bet it would with the thunder)

You can always just put a sticker of the CEL light.

Back