Help with after market remote starter

Hello, picked up my 2006 GT on Friday and spend the weekend getting to know it. Only problems is it did not come with the owner's manual. The previous owner installed an after market remote starter but did not provide the user manual. The lock, unlock, start buttons are obvious but there are 2 buttons that is a bit of a mystery.

One is with the horn crossed out which I assume it turns the horn on and off when arming and disarming the system, but it does not seem to do anything when pressed. The other is a red button on the side which I can lock the car with but do not know its real function. Here is a picture of the remote, it does not have any manufacture info on it except for the dealer's name.

I do not even know if it is a alarm starter combined unit of just a remote started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of it,
thanks.

29p80v5.jpg

I would call Duval Mazda and ask them about it.

from the looks of it. if u press and hold the key button, that should start the car. if it doesn't. it might be press twice.

Is your Mazda5 is manual or auto ? If it's manual you have to leave the car rolling on neutral with the hand brake and press a button ( i'm not 100% sure)

It is auto, I have already ask the dealer and the sales guy did not have any info on it. Anyways, it is not a big deal I already know how get the basic functions; lock, unlock, start and stop the engine remotely to work. I will test if it also an alarm by lifting the hood while the system is armed when I get home tonight.

Latest posts

Back