Help with 2008 Mazda 6i?

08Mazdachick

:
2008 Mazda 6i
Last week the check engine light came on, I stopped and had it checked by a machine and it said something along the lines of the coolant was unstable I couldn't really hear what the guy said.. and he told me I needed anti-freeze and it was low and I put some in there. I drove it a couple more days with the light on and then called went to get in it to take it to the shop the light is no longer on. I took in anyway.. he says nothing is wrong with it. The next day the light come on again and it is idling rough and so I take it back to him to check again and it says the thermostat needs replaced even though it is not running hot or anything. He told me to bring it back to him and leave it over night so that he could start it cold and he calls me this morning and says that the check engine light is still on but is not throwing any codes at him and the rpms were a little high when he started it but then went down. Does anyone know what is going on here?

My suggestion is to take it to a Mazda dealer and have their service technician check it out.

Back